Thursday, December 06, 2018

Christmas Memory



Christmas is a time of memories.......... often softened by the years and the glow of Christmas candles....... 

There was one Christmas Eve -- I was in the kitchen making dinner for the family.  My parents were down visiting which was always a stressful time for me...... everything had to be just perfect ya know?!

I heard my father's voice talking softly.... I peaked my head around the kitchen door and saw two pairs of feet sticking out from under the tree...... My Dad's and my eldest daughter's (who was around 2 or 3 at the time)  

He was telling her to look for the fairies in the tree....... I don't remember anything else he said because I was dumb struck by the fact he was building a fairy tale .. and making memories.  I was seeing a new side of this man I called 'Dad' 

Since then I can't see a Christmas tree without looking for the fairies that dance in it's branches.

May warm Christmas memories bless your holidays.............. 

3 comments:

  1. Aww, what a wonderful and precious memory. This made me smile :) Here's to adding more wonderful Christmas memories this year :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a strong visual image! Thank you! I love your trip down memory lane.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - a beautiful memory indeed.

    Best,
    Enzo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts