Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Sweets




Yesterday I had great plans to bake peppermint patties, gingerbread, shortbread, meatballs and a meatloaf for supper......... 

As the saying goes "Best laid plans of mice and men"

I was doing laundry while I started the baking -- I started the peppermint patties.... a new recipe.  AND like so many new recipes it didn't go as expected.  They made it sound sooooooo damn simple... and it was simple until I had to dip each of the patties into the chocolate.  The peppermint patties were in the freezer and each time I dipped one into the chocolate it altered the consistency of the chocolate...... ugh...... I got half way through when I had to throw out the chocolate left and start over for the remaining ones.... IF I made it again I wouldn't do the full amount of chocolate all at once.  I would do one cup at a time........... BUT ya know -- considering how much it cost me for baking supplies -- and how long it took -- next year I think I will go buy my chocolate covered peppermint patties........... 

OH and because it took so long to make 60 peppermint patties -- and my levels of frustration -- and muscle cramps -- the only other thing I got done was meatloaf for dinner.......... 

This is what the majority of them looked like.............. 



BUT there were a handful that looked perfect .................... 



Today -- god help me -- I am gonna try another new recipe that involves dipping chocolate.................. I'll let you know how it goes



1 comment:

  1. Hi Morningstar,

    I hadn't heard of peppermint patties, they sound difficult but yum! Hope you had success with the other new recipe.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts