Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Limping along..........

 


 

Made it to the emergency clinic yesterday morning - stressed and anxious. The doctor explained that when the technician read the Xrays she saw that the tendons down the side of the spine had been damaged as well as the sciatica nerve being bruised and the gluteus maximus (muscle) had spasmed into a rock.

Nothing anyone can really do -- I have exercises to do - and 3 different prescriptions to take.  The pain is more tolerable - though I did wake at 4:00 this morning with pain shooting down my left leg.  

I HATE the pills - they fog my brain - make walking a challenge ... I loop around rather than walk and tend to bump into things.... and my patience is virtually non-existent - and all I want to do is sleep.

Looking for the bright spot...... I guess it could have been worse.... it could have been a tumour (and that's where my brain went ) Sir Steven's brain went fracture and hospitalization ........ so yeah - tendon,muscle, nerve damage is better than the alternative.  

Now if I could just learn to be patient till this mess heals...............  

7 comments:

  1. Hey Morningstar,

    I'm sorry it is foggy and awful still, but am grateful that it is "better."

    However, I would rather have a break than soft tissue damage. It is a cleaner recovery (luckily I have TONS of experience with breaks....and soft tissue damage come to think of it).

    Hugs, I hope you get relief shortly!
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:13 am

    I am glad it's nothing more serious than it is. I hate that waiting period for test results or worse, some 'talk' with the doctor. You'd think these bozos with all their training would know it's better to just say, "it's not cancer or anything life-threatening, but....."

    Don't get me started. LOL

    Anyway, I hate not being able to get around comfortably, and I hope you're coping with that. Maybe some down time is good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My head went EXACTLY where your head did at first. Loved one of mine got her lung cancer diagnosis thru an x-ray that was done to rule out diverticulitis. So I'm always braced for a conversation that begins "come in to talk. We took a closer look at the x-ray and......".

    Wishing all good things for you. You know what you have to deal with - and the process isn't going to be easy, but it IS doable. All for a good cause, with no reason to think that every day of treating it as they've asked you to doesn't bring you one day closer to a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Morningstar. I'm afraid I'm with Boo on this one, I'd rather have a break, though it not being cancer is the best news! I had nerve damage and for me at least it took so long to heal. As boring as they are even when you feel better keep doing those exercises!

    Perhaps soon you will be able to cut back your pill dosages. As I said a few posts back, I'm not great with drugs so I get how you feel.

    Best if luck for a speedy recovery!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um... when you learn that patience could you pass the trick along to the rest of us? I was thinking hairline fractures in the pelvis or spine. Back braces and things like that. I'm sorry for your torn tendons and I hope they heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it could have been worse. It also sounds like it still sucks. Wait! was I talking about your ailments or life in general? Probably both, sorry. I wish you a speedy recovery

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, that's a lot of healing, but does sound like it could have been worse. I'm sorry you are dealing with this and that the meds are making you foggy. Take it easy and take care. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts