Friday, February 12, 2021

Happy New Year

 


 

Dontcha love it when a plan comes together??!!

Yesterday the lil one was SO excited to celebrate Chinese New Year...... at her mid morning break she was at the fridge picking out some fruit for snack when she looked over at me and declared she was SO excited for the celebration.

When school finished she was twitching - wanting to decorate the kitchen ...... BUT 'Dad' wouldn't be home for another 3 hours so I suggested she might want to go play outside for a bit.......... 

Finally at 4 she set the table - choosing what she wanted for the table center piece AND we discovered (more like I remembered) that her kimono had been stitched so that we could hang it on her bedroom wall. 


So I scrambled and found an old kimono of mine.. I quickly tacked the hem up ... and she wore that happily.  I did indeed clean up and put on my authentic Chinese jacket ... and yes kdpierre - we did take pictures but unfortunately I didn't think about no faces on my blog so the pictures aren't appropriate.  You'll all just have to take my word on our outfits.

The table was set..................... 

 


and the food arrived....................... (we have enough leftovers to feed us for the weekend!!)

 


 

As the lil one was going to bed she announced that our celebration was even better than Valentines !!! 

Mission accomplished!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just for kdpierre .....

 



 

11 comments:

  1. Excellent! It does look like you won't need to cook for quit a while. I forgot how important celebrations can be for kids. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you celebrated CNY along with the rest of the Chinese community! We've been having lots of food and feasting and I snacked so much with visitors today that I had to skip dinner cos nothing else was gonna make it into my tummy LOL.

    I think I pretty much skipped lunch too. I had more sweet treats instead *oops*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morningstar,

    Wow, the kimono and table look awesome and the food looks delicious! Glad you had a such a wonderful and successful celebration:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:59 am

    Looks and sounds like fun. As for the pics, just edit out the faces in your computer's photo edit program. Does the "Lil one" know how to eat with chopsticks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok kd - I really do HATE trying to edit out faces - it always looks like something out of a nightmare... BUT cause I like you (cheeky grin) I've added a picture......

    And yes the lil one is learning to use chopsticks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:15 pm

    Thank you on all counts, my dear. I am quite pleased that our paths crossed as they did. And we have kind of hit it off nicely.

    And OK, yeah, that shot is a little like that movie where pictures of doomed people had their faces swirled, LOL, but I do like the outfits.....so thanks for that. There are all kinds of ways to edit out a face, maybe it's just a matter of finding one less nightmarish. LOL

    Great! Teach her now. It's a little thing she'll never regret having learned. And by the time she's a teen she should be fairly expert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:19 pm

    edited to add: I thought it was The Ring and just checked. Yes, in The Ring anyone who watched the deadly video would appear on film with a swirled face. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad it worked out for you! Congrats on a successful celebration and a happy kid! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
  9. kd - 2 things
    First - she already does a pretty job with the chopsticks... they're trainer ones ... but once she is a pro with them then we'll introduce the regular ones... lots of time for that...

    Second - I do not have a photo editing program - I think I may do a post about my philosophy of photography - maybe tomorrow .. :) but don't hold your breath LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...I LOVE theme anything!!! So much fun

    As for your photos, maybe just use some sort of paint program ( do they still have that?) or use your phone's edits to put a happy face emoji or something over them.

    And play outside? Holy smokes its - 23 C here with the Windchill today!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhhhhh willie - I have a paint program but never figured out how to use it.. I am thinking I may do a blog about my photography... and how I was taught.. and why I don't use/own a photo editing program :)

    AND yes play outside... it's been about -8 or so this week (well up until today - it's -18 today) and she plays so hard believe it or not she comes in all sweaty ....

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts