Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Weather Update

 

 

Because I know you are all dying to know if we got our predicted snow........ 

 

ahhhhhh - yup we did!

And were Sir Steve and I happy???

ARE YOU KIDDING??!!!  Of course not!  now all that white stuff has to be shovelled!!

AND we had to worry about the lil one coming home from her mother's... which is about 45/50 minutes away - on 2 lane highways.... GAH!!  Fortunately her mother has learned and she texted me to tell me they might be a bit late.  They were only 10 minutes late but the lil one got home safe and sound.

We were told school would be all on line today - no problem we're always on line
EXCEPT
their work for the day is put on line and she's on her own to do it...so no interaction with the teacher or the other kids.

The snow will end during the day - so when Sir Steve comes home he can clear out the back driveway.............. 

AND guess what??!!!  they are saying there might be another storm - more snow - coming in on Thursday/Friday.

On the upside - in the country we are on well water ... and the past couple of years we have had dry summers and not much snow - so the water levels have been quite low.  IF we get lots of snow from now till spring maybe we won't have to worry about water usage this summer? maybe? hopefully??

Life is good when the weather outside is frightful but all my loved ones are safely home

7 comments:

  1. It's really pretty. I don't want all that snow, we're not prepared to deal with it. But where we are we've had nearly two weeks of high 30's, slow drizzling cold rain. Certainly not the worst weather, nothing deadly thank God. But it's got to be the most boring, ugly forecast in the world! Keep posting snow pictures, it's so much better to look at than a soaked, muddy back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nodding oh I hear ya PK!! We had nothing but rain in Nov and Dec -- Sir Steve said it was just like the weather in Vancouver (he used to live there) ........ it IS ugly.. the snow makes the world look clean ya know??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snow, it was part of my growing up. Now all we get is rain. Glad that you are getting the beautiful snow, it's much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:25 pm

    I've had my fill this year and more is on its way. My back is not what it used to be and my boys both work hours that can prompt the work to fall on me and Rosa, not always but often enough. If a new neighbor hadn't loaned me his blower the last time, I'd still be out there. (I have a second-hand blower in need of what I think is minor repair, but I have been hesitant to spend money on that since heavy snows here are rare.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually said the well thing to my sister earlier in the season. I don't care too much what it does in Feb, but if this snow sh*t doesn't #$%^ off by the middle of March, I'm going to loose it. LOL. Okay I won't but last spring was so nice to HAVE a spring before May and no MASSIVE flooding. Is that too much to hope for?

    LOL about the neighbour waking you up doing his good deed. Maybe you can give him some of whatever pills you decided you weren't going to take any more? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the reality isn't as pretty as it looks, but I would love to be able to play in the snow for the novelty. We don't get snow in our part of the country.

    Glad everyone is safe. Keep warm and stay safe.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you guys are prepared for it/know how to handle it. Gotta feel sorry for those folks down in Texas right now.... :(

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts