Thursday, February 25, 2021

Time for a Change

 


 

 I'm not entirely sure when this attitude adjustment happened -- I have been cranky and unhappy for a while now.... (gee isn't that surprise for everyone!!) I have pre-existing conditions that makes living inside my head challenging (to say the least).  I think everyone is aware of my OCD .... and maybe my anxiety..... but add to that borderline agoraphobia... and a couple of eating disorders... and social anxiety. 

This pandemic has fed most of my 'conditions'.  Since Christmas I was aware of how hard it was to leave the house... how sad I seem to be all the time - hell I cry at sappy TV ads.... how I am either overeating/binging secretly - or barely eating at all ... I would look in the mirror and almost not recognise the person looking back at me.

A couple of weeks ago I had a 'Eureka' moment....... don't ask what prompted it cause truthfully I don't know ... but suddenly I felt as though I was no longer in charge of my life... and it was time to take back my control. 


 

I am so good at making lists and making schedules ... I made a mental list of what I was going to do EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
* devote time every morning and night to washing my face and moisturizing not just my face but my body (my skin was so dry I looked like a snake shredding it's skin)

* start making an effort to clean up before Sir Steve comes home - at the very least brushing my hair  and adding a spritz of his favourite perfume

*  spreading out the household chores - giving myself more time for ME - even if that ME time is only spent answering comments on here... 

* logging my food and paying attention to the calorie intake........ ideally I would like to lose 10 pounds before June and summer clothes...... that is doable !! 10 pounds in 3 months yes very doable - safely!  (considering a few years ago I lost 70 pounds NOT in 3 months but still  - 10 pounds is easy peasy!)

*  and the big one - EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. find one thing - just one thing - that I am thankful for 

 


 
I am striving for one step at a time - one day at a time........ slow and steady ....


16 comments:

  1. Sounds all very doable.

    Winter in this province is a challenge in a good year, let alone during 11 months into a pandemic and a mobility injury as well for you. Here's to brighter days, figuatively, and literally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks willie - one step at a time :)

      and I promise not to bore everyone with my progress LOL

      Delete
  2. Should whatever triggered the ‘Eureka’ moment come to you, please share. I sure as hell could use that kick in the pants about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! We're all rooting for you. Just know that you're not alone.... life is a struggle, sometimes much more than others. Keep blogging to stay in touch. Love having you in blogland. Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Windy - I must admit I am feeling very positive today about everything..... and am thankful for all my 'friends' in blogland

      Delete
  4. YAY you!!! I am so excited to watch you do this! Maybe it will push me off my butt and get me going too!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, get going, Boo! LOL I'll just cheer you gals on from afar!

      Delete
    2. HAHAHAHAH! So helpful Windy! You are always so encouraging!!!!

      Delete
  5. Boo - oh I'm not going to post about my progress frequently -- that would be boring........ maybe milestones ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:16 pm

    I had no idea you had so many pre-existing issues. Given all of them, you're doing great! Keep the positivity going.;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kd - shrug - it's not as bad as it sounds - years of therapy and the fact most of it is borderline..
      I have just become lazy through this last year and now it's time for me to get back on track :)

      Delete
  7. I have needed that kick in the pants too - this week have SWORN to do 15 minutes - that's it - of exercise - so cleaned off the treadmill - so far have done it - here's to keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. selkie - grinning - you must have seen the picture of 'our' gym class this morning... OMG 20 mins doing a work out with her and I am so sore tonite - I'm soooooooo out of shape!!

      Delete
  8. Ive come to realise that i go thru phases of action - mundane life-living - wondering what happened and why im in a rut - getting re motivated ... rinse and repeat. The important thing is that you climb back on the horse if you ever slip off. Stay bright and shining! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on you Morningstar, we will be cheering you on. Love your list:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts