Friday, February 05, 2021

Colour Me Blue

 


It's Friday
It's snowing
It's slippy

and I am done!  Today should be my one big excitement boost of the week - doing the groceries.  I haven't done them for 2 weeks cause of the muscle injury...... BUT I'm still dizzy from the pain pills - therefore shouldn't drive.  I woke with pain again in my leg/bum and don't dare risk even a twist..... never mind a fall.

I'm feeling old.............. very old.... old as dirt old...........
I'm feeling useless - can't even do the groceries..........
I'm feeling depressed and stare crazy from being locked in the house for 2? 3? weeks I can't even remember - feels like forever.... Nothing to look forward to... nothing to plan for.... AND yesterday I heard our government might cancel March break.......... which means my week off from home schooling probably won't happen :(

I shed tears for no good reason. 

Just colour me BLUE

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 am

    Have you ever noticed that interaction can be a mood booster? Sometimes if I go out to food shop and have some brief chat with a stranger at the counter or whatever, I walk away feeling lifted. But if you can't go out yet, I would say: call a friend and have some kind of "people contact". You certainly sound depressed, and I even noticed after your big push on discussion, you aren't responding to comments.....which I get when one is out of sorts.... but I think even that could boost your mood. Interaction just seems to be a kind of stimulant. The more the better. At least for me. So try to shake this off. My advice might not work, but doing nothing or the same thing isn't going to help either. Give yourself a little shake, LOL not too hard so your muscles don't spasm, but maybe a little one? ;-) Hope you are better and back in the swing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU have EVERY reason cry not because you are old BECAUSE your NOT, just seasoned well BUT someone hurting, trapped is ALLOWED to cry, hell even I am FED UP with this DAM COVID-19.

    When you are feeling down again just REMEMBER this, you are LOVED and are with the people ( in person or via Internet ) which is WONDERFUL !!!

    Warren

    ps: It is ok to cry so I am told!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, wow, we are at the same point I see. Sigh. Depression, winter and lockdowns suck. Don't even get me started on being hurt at the same time!

    Good news, I seriously doubt they can cancel March Break. They are just attention seeking, stupid government. Just trying to keep their faces in the spotlight.

    Hugs. I can say with certainty it will get better.
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending gentle (((hugs))) Morningstar. It's understandable you are feeling down. Hope you feel much brighter soon. I agree with KD, try keeping the connections with friends and family to help boost spirits.

    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo what others have said about depression - it sucks. The tears are a good thing, I think, as a way of expressing how you're feeling. Its more problematic when tears won't come!

    More practically, can you arrange for deliveries of groceries? so you can get them 'done' without having to leave the house? I know long term its not ideal - as others have said the interaction with people is important - but for now, given your physical problems, I think even small wins are important for you.

    *hugsss* - hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts