Monday, February 28, 2022

I'm back in real time.......

 


 Well I'm back online.  Actually we were back online on Saturday night - but GAH!!  exhaustion ya know???

The move couldn't have gone better - the alarm system was moved without a hitch... the internet went as smoothly.  Saturday morning both my girls showed up with husbands and kids (kids are teenagers) and my lord did they all work!!!

The girls and I came to the house while the movers loaded the big stuff and the men folk loaded all the boxes.  It was a whirl wind...... at one point eldest daughter sent me to the living room and told me to sit!  I was so close to tears all day....... stress is a wonderful thing.

You wouldn't believe it - they started loading the trucks at 9:30 and by 2pm we were eating lunch!!! My girls worked hard to empty boxes - especially the kitchen and get it pulled together.    Eldest daughter brought us a cake to celebrate............. 


 

Both Sir Steve and I were overwhelmed with their help / love.  Honestly this has to be the best move ever! 


Sunday was spent opening boxes and sorting things out..... we got our room almost 75% pulled together... and the kitchen is about 90% together... the den is coming along... BUT - we spent most of the day working on the lil one's room.... so it would be ready for her to unpack when she got home mid afternoon.  She has been talking about wanting a 't'ween bedroom' ever since we knew we were moving........ it was her one big wish!  

We all worked together emptying her boxes and hanging pictures and sorting out books and toys..... and her room is complete!!  

Here's the before shot of her room



And here it is now.......... 




She announced she got her wish - a t'ween bedroom!  and SHE LOVED IT !!!

Sir Steve decided to take today off so we can get more of the house finished.... stay tuned for more "home corners".

12 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar, I'm so glad everything went so well with the move and that the family was on hand to help. The cake was very sweet of your daughter. The lil one's room looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing more pics :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir Steve kept counting down the days to the move - I wasn't as optimistic as he was.... cause now we're moved the fun begins... unpacking! AND trying to find where things have disappeared to... LOL like my garbage bags!! they're somewhere in here but where oh where??

      Delete
  2. Welcome home, Morningstar. Your cake looks lovely, and the lil one's room is enchanting.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. both Sir Steve and I love the way her room turned out...here's to hoping the house looks as good when we get it pulled together.

      Delete
  3. Midwest Reader7:39 am

    Where are the boy band posters? ;-)

    Glad you were able to get moved in quickly and smoothly. Moving is always a disruption but it can be a new beginning too. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! Midwest - thanks for leaving a comment... when I told Sir Steve about your mention of boy band posters he rolled his eyes - we're not quite there yet GAH!! I had forgotten about band posters....

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you have got a hell of a lot done. I'm impressed. The important thing is, at the end of the day, you are turning a house into a home. I hope you enjoy your new family centre.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got even more done today LOL.... and it is starting to feel like OUR home now Prefectdt :) which is a very good thing

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. thanks Baker ..... :) it feels good to have it come together so perfectly !

      Delete
  6. I love the cake, and i love that room! Pretty! So glad it was a seamless move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Fondles - like I said probably the best move yet!! We're very lucky to have such a great and caring family!

      Delete

Popular Posts