Friday, February 04, 2022

Ooooops !!


 I have been tackling the packing for the last couple of weeks....... but the problem with being OCD is that everything has to be sorted and packed 'properly'.  Properly doesn't mean bubble wrap/paper or done to avoid breakage - not in my world.  In my world all like things have to be packed together.  The other day I was packing wine glasses - wrapped in bubble wrap ... I had some towels that didn't fit in the 'bathroom' box and I realized towels would be the perfect filler for wine glasses.... BUT it made me twitch.... towels (bathroom) and wine glasses (kitchen) were not like items......... see my problem?

Yesterday I decided to pack up all the small appliances in the kitchen - you know - air fryer / wok / bread maker........ I had thought to put them all in one box - BUT then I thought about  how heavy the box would be - so I brought out 3 boxes.  Started filling them and realized I could / should pack all the odds and ends ...... the junk drawer (everyone has one right?) ....... 99% of the tupperware storage - I just started to empty cupboards.  I thought to myself - no baking before we move so all the baking stuff went... I just emptied cupboards.  And it felt good ........ the kitchen was virtually empty. Only two cupboards left that have all the bits and pieces we'll need in the next 3 weeks. Packed the boxes into the spare room.  Done for the day!

 


Yeah - I felt so proud of myself........ 

Until dinner time.  When I realized that I hadn't packed the hand mixer BUT I had packed the beaters!  ok so no mashed potatoes until we're moved.

Then as I went to make dinner I realized I had packed all the measuring spoons and measuring cups - 'cause no baking right? forgot sometimes I need to measure ingredients for dinner!  GAH!!! Into the box room to find the baking supplies.  Fortunately I had labelled the box "kitchen / baking" - found it pulled out the measuring spoons/cups and the beaters.

Life would be so much easier if we didn't have to eat for the next 3 weeks !!!

8 comments:

  1. Morningstar,

    UGH! Packing sucks. It just isn't fun.

    I am glad you are moving to through it slowly though. That makes it "easier".

    Three weeks and counting!
    Hugs
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it worked. Blogger wouldn't take my comment before. I was saying that I'm sorry you suffer with OCD. Packing would be easier without it. In my case I'd probably pack socks, glasses, shampoo and crackers all in the same box. I'm sure it would drive you nuts. I'm for you all eating. take-out for the next three to four weeks. Your sanity would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah but it would wreck the budget -- and OMG! moving alone is wrecking the budget - charges to move electric/gas/security system and the internet - never mind the cost of movers..... le sigh... so I'm cooking for the next 3 weeks - on a limited supply of dishes LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi Morningstar, I hear you on having to pack like items together. It's no fun being half packed and realising you need something.

    The whole process is so stressful. It's good that you at least have time and aren't having to pack in a hurry. Have you started taking things you definitely won't need to the new place yet?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this is why they invented Takeaways. :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL and a quick lesson in how to go broke in one easy lesson.........

      the whole thing was really quite funny!

      Delete

Popular Posts