Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Day Off

 Not from packing !!!  The lil one had a day off school cause end of term ya know??? 

 


 

So we worked all morning sorting through her 'stuff' ....... filled 2 BIG boxes with all her books - talk about a library!!  Nothing wrong with that though - especially since she reads and reads....

After lunch I thought we both needed some fun stuff - outside stuff.  It wasn't -40  only -13.  I had this bright idea of making an ice sun catcher...... she went into the back garden and found some evergreen branches and some red berries and some dried up interesting looking sticks.  We filled a pie pan with water and placed our nature into the pan.  Then into the freezer.  Tomorrow we'll take it out - and hopefully if it all goes according to plan - we can free the ice block from the pie pan... punch a hole for hanging ... and hang it up outside.  I'll let you know if it works.... 

Then - because she's never done it - we made a snow volcano..... it's the same as any science experiment volcano - except we buried the bottle in the snow....... It worked extremely well.  She added red and yellow food colouring to the bottle and the much needed baking powder - and added the vinegar.  The shriek of delight was well worth the energy!!!  She declared it was the BEST science experiment we've ever done!!

Yup that was our day off...........

8 comments:

  1. Wow Morningstar, what a fantastic afternoon with the lil one and what fantastic ideas! Love the sun catcher. Looking forward to hearing how it worked out :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pessimist in me says it's not gonna come out of the pan........... or I won't be able to make a hole for hanging...... so I have my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. It really sounds like a fun day. If it comes out of the pan, maybe lean it against a window rather than trying for a hole. Either way It sounds pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it tonite and it looks really good! but as the lil one is at dance classes tonite - we'll be doing it tomorrow ......

      Delete
  3. I love how you took the time away from packing to have some fun with her. Those special memories will always be important to her!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhhhh Baker - trust me it wasn't hard to leave the packing for a bit - I really am exhausted!!
      and I love making memories with her - same as I did with my own daughters :) besides they say it'll keep my young LOL

      Delete
  4. That sounds like some nice quality time :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was Prefectdt... lots of laughs and wonder - as an adult we tend to forget the wonder - it's fun to experience it all again with her :)

      Delete

Popular Posts