Tuesday, February 01, 2022

And this happened last night..........

 


 We got the keys to our new home !!! 



It's now officially ours!!

This was waiting for us on the kitchen counter.................. 



to sweeten the move.  How nice was that??!!!

We have 3 weekends to get the house ready for our move.......... and 3 weeks to get this house packed up............le sigh.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed......... how do you decide what you CAN pack and what HAS to wait till the last minute?? GAH!!!  

AND I was fussing over some of the things the house is missing and realized - OMG - it really is  JUST a first world problem !!!  The big one (for me)  - there is no toilet paper holder in the bathroom AND no place to put one!!!  OMG!!  I fussed and I fumed....... and then realized how lucky I am to even have a bathroom.... in a house.  I found - on Amazon - gotta love Amazon - a toilet paper holder that goes over a cabinet door!  PERFECT!  there is a cabinet right beside the toilet!!  problem solved!  (now if we could just enlarge the bathroom - double it in size ....... le sigh.... again first world problem)

So for the next 3 weeks I'll be packing up rooms or partially packing up rooms.... heading to the deadline ........... of February 26th!!!

7 comments:

  1. I happy you got the keys! The idea of packing up and moving is so foreign to me. The last time I did that I was 26 years old and I have a feeling that the next time I move I won't be expected to lift and carry even one box. We have tiny bathrooms but we got free standing TP holders because the ones built in were just so out of the way. I know you'll be busy but let us know you're surviving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG PK - I have moved a fair bit in the last 10 years but I had the movers pack and move me - one day to pack and one day to move... weeks to unpack...... BUT the worst was done. I can honestly say this packing sh*t is killing me :(

      Delete
  2. That is wonderful news Morningstar. It's great you have the keys now, 3 weeks gives you some good lead time to get everything shifted and organised.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup........ first job is to move the HUGE shelving for the basement - and the lil one's wardrobe..... that's Friday night - on the weekend Sir Steve will hang curtains and put the wardrobe together and maybe... MAYBE...... get the shelves up in the basement so all the crap in our basement can get moved and sorted!!

      Delete
  3. Woo Hoo! Great news. I think that it is brilliant that you have a small bathroom. It is not exactly the sort of room you go to relax in and small = less to clean :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL true Prefectdt and less cleaning is always a good thing..........

      Delete
  4. I love it! Your excitement is awesome! Enjoy your new home!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts