Tuesday, February 22, 2022

4 Days

 


 

Last 4 days before the move........ and we're pretty much ready......... 

well except for all the last minute things - like taking the beds apart - packing the toothbrushes and towels and the coat hooks and the lights and the fridge and the freezer and and and........... (taking big breath) 

Right now ..... and for the next 4 days it will be a day of 'lasts' .... like today - I'm doing the last load of laundry in this house...... am packing up the laundry supplies...... last week I did my last grocery shopping at the local small grocery store..... I'll be running to our local dollar store today for my last time........ we are saying our goodbyes to our neighbours - they were good neighbours and I will miss them.

And I realize - for the first time in my life - I am feeling sad about leaving this home... I'm usually much more pragmatic about moving - it's just a building - we make the home - etc etc....... but this time? I just feel a little sad. 

 

12 comments:

  1. I still miss our one bedroom apartment B and I had when we first go together. We've been in our house for 24 years now and have made way more memories here than there, but it is where we first started our lives together I suppose.

    Enjoy your last days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weird isn't it willie?? to miss a building?? at least that's how I always saw my 'homes' when it was time to move......

      BUT you may have a point - this is where Sir Steve and I started our lives together...

      Delete
  2. I understand, I still miss the house I rented in college - a beautiful old place that's been torn down for more than forty years now. But in four day you'll be starting on all those new 'first!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup - you're right PK - starting new memories in a new home........ hopefully we'll make some pretty spectacular memories - especially upstairs in our space :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Morningstar, it is a mixture of feelings leaving one place for another. Neighbours, memories etc. But now you have the chance to make new memories:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite true Roz - new memories to make :) Maybe these emotions are tied to my exhaustion..... let's hope!

      Delete
  4. Moving is traumatic, but onwards to a new chapter and new adventures.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying the same thing about moving - it's exhausting...... I don't remember ever being this tired...... a week after we move in is spring break for the kids - the lil one will be with her mother - I think I will sleep for that whole week.

      Delete
  5. well, it was your first home with your Sir - where you became a unit and then afamily with the little one - so to me it is understandable you are slightly conflicted. but now you are going TOGETHER -all three of you-to create abrand new fresh home for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true selkie - I think I am just surprised by my attachment to this house - it's the first time in my entire life I feel sad about leaving a home.

      Delete
  6. Hey, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you as you make this big transition in your life. So glad Sir Steve is with you on this journey, too! I understand the mixed feelings. When you build something together physically and/or emotionally, it is hard to leave it. You can do it! It does sound exhausting so I hope you get to rest up soon! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you will miss the home that your and Sir Steve made together. But you are on a new, big adventure together. Just think of that attic playroom!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts