Thursday, February 10, 2022

Weigh In

 


Well - it's not exactly 'redecorating' but in a sense it is.......... it's time to make this new house OUR home.... put our imprint on it...

And decorating is something I love!! It's the best part of moving to a new place.... I don't know how many times I have placed furniture ... hung pictures... added little decorative touches (in my head) to our new place.   

Quite by accident I discovered what has been wrong in our living room here - we had chocolate brown curtains in the windows (curtains I have had for at least 10 - 15 years )  BUT took them down to wash them in preparation for our move and hung cream coloured curtains in the interim.  WOW!  Suddenly our living room was brighter and more welcoming (in my opinion) Sir Steve and I decided - instead of hanging the chocolate brown curtains in the new house - we'd buy some new ones... We decided on a cream/white background with some green or brown pattern.  

This is what we bought............... 

 


So we thought we'd move the chocolate brown curtains upstairs to our bedroom.  BUT - they would be too big for our windows - and would - in my opinion - be too formal? too stuffy?? and most definitely too long!   Sir Steve and I discussed what colour would work........ he told me to study our duvet and come up with a colour to go with it.............. 

 


Yeah but .. yeah but....


So I went shopping (on amazon - my very best friend) for black out curtains. for 3 identically sized windows)   I looked for green curtains... I looked for beige curtains... I found grey curtains.  Why grey? cause I thought green would limit the colours we could paint the room...... and green wouldn't really go with our winter duvet.... 



BUT then - I found these............ (and yes they are blackout / sound deadening curtains)


 

and I am torn........ They are so different!  and would look (maybe) like pictures on the wall.  

The grey ones are so.......... I don't know ... conservative?? I want this house to have some WOW factors.  and remember our bedroom is upstairs - our sanctuary 

I am going to ask Sir Steve when he gets home tonite........ but I would LOVE your opinions?  What would you pick for the bedroom - grey curtains (or another colour) or the winter tree curtains??? 

Seriously - what would you hang in the bedroom??
OH and if it will help - here's two pictures of the bedroom - two different angles.



 




15 comments:

  1. Okay, I will begin by saying I am NOT a home decorator, but I love the winter tree curtains after looking at the size of your windows. Just saying that it looks more fun and less formal. And sound deaden and black out. Nice!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah originally I thought they looked fun and less formal - but as the day has gone on I've thought they might be nice on one window ... but all 3?? not sure anymore....

      Delete
  2. If you're like me, and love having a dark dark bedroom, then a dark grey. But as far as having a restful yet calm space, I would pick a shade of taupe. Soothing, yet not too dreary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. taupe ..... mmmmm... that's an idea... not so dark and dreary as chocolate brown.... now I'm thinking forest green..........

      Delete
  3. Hmm... First off I LOVE the curtains you got for the downstairs. They look so light and airy and pretty. In the bedroom... I'd suggest you keep looking. I like the look of the winter trees but you don't really like the winter too much it seems. Would they begin to look bleak? The gray one are fine, but maybe you could find something more exciting than the gray and more soothing than the trees. But as long as you two like it, I'll be it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nodding I have been thinking as the day has gone on about the winter tree one... I think it might look good on one window - but all 3??!! am having my doubts....

      Delete
  4. Hi Morningstar,

    I put grey curtains in our room last year lol. I actually like both but it seems neither seem to be grabbing you so maybe keep looking? I like your forrest green idea, or maybe a nutral colour?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhhhhhhh Roz - who knew buying curtains would be such a job!!???
      After Sir Steve saw the options - we're back to looking again........

      Delete
  5. The winter tree curtains, definitely. I love that kind of design.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I do too Prefectdt....... BUT it's bugging me that the 3 windows aren't together - so am wondering if it'll look weird having them on two different walls.

      Anyway -- Sir Steve said "keep looking" - le sigh - so it's back to the drawing board

      Delete
  6. Since the windows are separated, try getting drapes in matching colours but different designs, like i have for my seat covers. I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got the email Fondles - I LOVE your chair covers!

      Sir Steve sat with me last night and I think we've settled on (believe it or not) a set of khaki coloured drapes with a silver wavy line through it. We'll see if we change our mind - we don't usually have so much trouble picking something for the house.

      Delete
  7. Love your downstairs curtains. I was going to say not a fan of winter tree blind and grey I do love but think too much for three windows. I see you may have decided on a colour now. I hope you'll share when you are all settled.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for weighing in ronnie :) I will let everyone know what we decide on....

      Delete
  8. I like the winter tree ones, but since the windows are all separate, it would be neat to find three different patters, all in the same colour.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts