Monday, February 14, 2022

Decisions Decisions

 

I think we finally decided on new bedroom curtains.  You wouldn't believe how many curtains we looked at - both on line and in the shops.... (yes I actually went into a shop on the weekend!)  

We found a really nice set at the shops... but not in the size we needed.  It was suggested they might have our size online.  They didn't.  AND I was so disappointed - they were exactly what we wanted.  So back to Amazon... and eureka!  I found a set that we both liked.  

 


And when I looked  at the options to find the right size - they had them in sage green.  OHHHHHHH we loved them.. so I decided to order 3 sets of the sage green.  

Fortunately before hitting the order button I double checked the price....... WTF??!!  The sage curtains were 3x more expensive than the chocolate brown.  That is ridiculous!  Same curtain different colour and that warrants charging 3x more??!!  I don't think so!  So I ordered the brown ones and we'll be happy with them.....  

You can just see a pattern on the curtains above.... here's a close up of the pattern......... 

 


I think we're gonna like them.  And on a positive note - being a dark colour they will block out more sunlight then the light sage green ones.  So - yeah - maybe I'll sleep a little later. 

Our dog gets so excited when we pack the car on Saturday mornings... yesterday she was nearly turning herself inside out to get to the new house.  She bounced into the house - tail wagging like mad - and she ran from room to room coming back to us 'talking' and 'talking'.  

 She has a new BIG bone on her new BIG bed in her  new BIG house.  I think we're all gonna settle in just fine.


 

Just 2 more weeks until moving day.............. 

16 comments:

  1. glad you sorted those curtains out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too Fondles! talk about first world problems eh? finding curtains.. I'm almost ashamed of myself.

      Delete
  2. I like the pattern on the curtains. Happy you got them sorted.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ronnie - we wanted something a little different ....... out of our comfort zone so to speak. This is conservative enough to not rattle our world to hard (grinning)

      Delete
  3. Hi Morningstar, that's awesome news, glad you sorted the dilemma of the curtains. Love both the colour and pattern.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Roz - I think we're gonna be very happy with them - even if we had to give up on the sage ones

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy you finally got the right curtains for your bedroom.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy V day to you too Hermione ..

      Delete
  5. I can't imagine why the prices were so different. Glad you noticed before committing. I think the ones you chose are beautiful. And I'm really happy for the dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy the dog seems to have settled down ... she has been so stressed while we're at the new place - whining and crying. I think she's actually looking forward to living there...

      Delete
  6. I have a brown themed bedroom, although I am not that into brown. It does seem to be the colour that helps sleep come the best.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF the curtains we have had fit we would have used them and they're chocolate brown - darkening curtains. It certainly helps me sleep better - that and the melatonin we take every night..... :)

      Delete
  7. So exciting to see the progress...not just packing but actually going to stores! What is that like? still not overly brave.

    Hugs
    boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a bit nerve wracking to be honest Boo - used my lysol wipes to wipe down the cart... sanitized my hands going in and coming out... scrubbed my hands when I got home....... but I'm beginning to think this is our new normal.. forever.....

      Delete
  8. Nice curtain choice. Love your pooch!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts