Monday, February 21, 2022

Food Adventures

 


 

One thing that happens when you're moving is trying to empty the freezers - yes freezerS ... we have 2 of them.  Last week I suggested to Sir Steve that I would make 'cooked' breakfast on Monday (it's a holiday here).... eggs and bacon.  

On Saturday I took the bacon out of the freezer..... On Sunday I remembered the promised 'cooked' breakfast...... Today I completely forgot the 'cooked' breakfast and Sir Steve had to remind me......... GAH!!! 

I dashed off to the kitchen......... and skidded to a halt.  I have packed the whole kitchen!!!  How the devil was I supposed to make bacon and eggs???? I had a fry pan - milk - bacon and eggs..... but no utensils ....... GAH!  I altered the menu slightly - scrambled eggs would work right?? EXCEPT I didn't have a bowl............ improvise!  I did have a coffee cup............. 



Breakfast got cooked................ 


(and yes we're using paper plates !  AND for those of you wondering - if I packed the whole kitchen - what we're gonna eat this week........ we are ordering chinese food tomorrow.  We're gonna order our usual 4 different dishes that usually feeds us for 3 meals....... Tuesday to Thursday 'cause Friday Sir Steve is taking me out to our favourite - only for special occasions - restaurant.)

Then yesterday when Sir Steve was packing up his cupboard/night stand he discovered a Christmas gift for me that he had forgotten about..........

 


My absolute favourite chocolate!!  I broke it open yesterday and indulged........... 

Then this morning Sir Steve and I went outside for a smoke.  When we came back in this is what I saw............. 


 The dog who NEVER steals food!!  decided she just had to have MY peanut butter cup!!!   

Moving!!!!!!!!!  who knew it would be such an 'adventure'..........  

8 comments:

  1. I've heard some people say that everyone should move every ten years or so, just to pare down all the extraneous stuff we all accumulate. But I feel your pain in actually doing it! I'm also a HUGE Reeces candy fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you can do more in an empty kitchen than I can will a fully equipped one. My compliments to the chef! I can't say much for you or your dogs taste in candy (NO peanut-butter for me!) but sorry you were robbed. I definitely think you deserve another once this move is accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I love the way you think PK - a replacement reeses peanut butter cup when this hellishness is over!!

      and as for my cooking/improvisation skills ? I used to tent camp - and trust me I learned a whole lot of dual purposes for every day items!! necessity is the mother of invention :)

      Delete
  3. It had peanut butter in it! There is only so much temptation that can be avoided, for human or dog. :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you're so right Prefectdt - BUT it was MY chocolate and I was so looking forward to eating it!!! (see me pout?!)

      Delete
  4. Hi Morningstar,

    The breakfast looked awesome, I just love a cooked brekkie! Goodness, you did so well improvising with what you had. You rose to the challenge lol

    The takeaways is a great idea for the rest of the week and lovely you have dinner to look forward to on Friday.

    Sorry you were robbed on the peanut butter cups. I'm with PK, a replacement is definitely in order :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half pound cups? Wow! I buy PB cups at bulk barn so we can enjoy a few after lunch. We have bacon and eggs every Saturday, courtesy of Ron.

    Poor Lady. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs, so I hope she is okay.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I panicked a bit when I realized she had eaten the chocolate :( BUT it's 24 hours later and she seems fine - didn't even vomit!

      Delete

Popular Posts