Friday, March 13, 2020

Trying not to panic.......





I have been trying not to panic over this Covid19 -- I kept telling myself that the media is causing panic.......... we don't need to panic.. everything is going to be ok.  AND it is nice that we live in a relatively small town without too many travellers.

THEN

the government shut down our schools for 3 weeks last night.... sporting events are cancelled .... festivals/concerts are being cancelled........ everywhere I look there  is this corvid19.  It is hard not to be scared ........... 

As well - just to make life interesting -- I am in the high risk group.  I am in the age bracket that gets the serious version of this disease... I have high blood pressure and chronic bronchitis.  UGH!

Last night Sir Steve contacted mother cause 3 weeks ya know?!  And her answer to child care was........ 'well I am starting school on the 23rd so I can't take her'.  You should have heard the language that came out of my mouth (or not) ....... "F**K -  you're both lucky that I'm here right?? just assume I'll step up and take over the child care!!!" ......... REALLY??!!! 

Mind you - if the lil one is with me she's not as likely to pick up ANY bug.... cause I have every intention of 'self isolating'...... avoid crowds and malls and all large crowds.  I have Lysol wipes that I'll take with me IF I have to run to the grocery store.  For me staying home is not hard to do........ being the introvert I am.   I'll pull out her bike and plan some home schooling........ the 3 weeks will fly by.  And hopefully after 3 weeks we'll see some sort of light at the end of the tunnel........ hopefully.

6 comments:

  1. I'm in the same 'worrisome' group age and health wise. I'll keep my thought on the mother to myself. I hope you have the little one all the time or none. It's the going back and forth I would be the most worried about. I'm most content to stay home and pray all passes quickly. (Any chance 'mom' school will close too?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PK - not so far -- I checked the mom's school website -- they have cancelled travel and events but classes are still open... why they can't do it all via the internet is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Sending love and solidarity - looks like my grands will be home and their mom will still be going to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you and PK in higher risk..... lifetime asthma and high blood pressure. My hands are red from all the bleach water I've been using here at home. I'm staying home, too. Not hard for me to do, personally as I mostly prefer that anyway. Stay healthy, MorniingStar and that little gal is lucky to have you in her life. You're a good step mom. A REALLY good one. Hang in there. We're all rooting for one another! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very worrying time and the impacts are huge. Schools closing has a huge and stressful impact on families. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. You never know, Mom's school may yet close.

    Fortunately, we haven't got to that point here yet, but events are being cancelled and pretty stringent travel restrictions are in place. It hasn't really hit here yet with just 6 confirmed cases, but it will escalate.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morningstar,

    I hear you with the worry. Not the same high risk category as some, but still. So happy right now I work from home. Glad the schools closed (YAY! I get more time with my girl!!!). Blissfully, the Sheriff's work is also sorta being proactive and are having have the employees work from home one week, then the switch. Not ideal, but better than him going in every day.

    Despite everything going on, I am loving the idea of enjoying the simple life.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts