Monday, March 30, 2020

feeling so lucky!





Yesterday I posted this Sunday Sentiment...... to me it was an upbeat kick in the ass sort of meme....... ya know?? Well my ex posted it on his facebook wall later in the morning...... with the most depressing comment....... and I sat there looking at it -- seeing his mind set clearly and I realized again how bloody lucky I am - how blessed I am - to be away from that mind set.  For a brief moment my mind's eye saw what my life would be like right now if I was still in that relationship.... I don't think I would mentally survive.  AND truthfully despite everything - I do feel very sorry for my ex ....... who has great difficulty finding any good in anything... such a sad way to have to live.

On another note -- the lil one comes home today.... she's been with her mother for 2 weeks...... I think life around here will pick up considerably when we have a 7 year old bouncing around.  Her teacher has started a Facebook page for all her 'super heroes'  and she and I have touched base.  She is encouraging us (and her other students) to post pictures of what we are doing..... and she will be putting up some challenges for us all to complete.  One will be math - multiplying to be exact -- and I joked with her about sending out teaching aids for the parents.  (I do not know/understand the new math!!!)

I have plans to teach the lil one how to use the stove and make simple dishes - first dish on the list is scrambled eggs.  I also have some plans for science involving growing plants from veggies and we will probably divide up a plant I have into smaller pots and put one in her room for her to take care of.  I am gonna get her back to journaling - especially about this pandemic - and when it's all over we'll put it away safely till she's grown.  I've got a huge box of sidewalk chalk waiting for the sunshine - Sir Steve got her bike out and spring tuned it so it's ready to go ........ lots of plans rattling around in my head to keep us both busy during the days to come.


Life is good when the dark clouds part - even briefly - and show you everything you have to be grateful for.....

7 comments:

  1. What an uplifting post! Hope you guys have plenty of activities to keep you occupied during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar, it's always good to reflect on the things we have to be grateful for. I love your plans for activities with the lil one, especially growing veges and cooking. Good luck with the teacher challenges lol.

    Sounds like you will be busy. Have fun :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was listening to two British radio personalities yesterday talking about home schooling. Neither of them could figure our new math either. They didn't even know what to put into Google to find the answer. I'm in the same boat.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Morningstar,

    glad to see you are positive. I needed some of that this morning. This is a big week for us here as my baby will be 16 this week. We were going to get here licence on Friday and I am feeling down in the dumps to miss this opportunity and right of passage.

    so thanks
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to be busy now. I'm so happy you are in such a good place compared to where you could have been. I taught math for most of my career and I've had lots of friends turn to me with questions. I told them to forget 'new math' if they could send their kid back with a mastery of addition, subtractions and multiplication that they wouldn't have to worry about another thing. If my kids, 6th graders, had truly known their multiplication tables I could have taught them anything! I know you're a teacher too. Do you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  6. PK -- I taught special needs K -- so math wasn't high on my list of priorities (grinning)

    However -- helping the lil one 'get' her math isn't that difficult as she is only in grade 2 and I think I have basic grade 2 math down pat!! Just before the shit hit the fan -- the teacher had sent home a note that she wasn't getting the double digit addition and carrying... I asked the lil one to do a couple of examples so I could see how she did it AND what she wasn't getting. She did this convoluted math that made no sense to me. I said "S is gonna teach you the old way to do it" and the minute I showed her how to put the number at the top of the 10's column she got it!!! YAY!

    Now she's been with with mom for 2 weeks and I know they haven't done ANY practice .... so we'll start at the beginning when she gets home and see how it goes. I spoke with her teacher on FB and we agreed as long as the lil one can get the answers they aren't gonna worry too much about how she does it.

    I keep thinking in 10 years or so -- the only important thing really is that she can add, subtract, divide and multiple -- not HOW she does it ya know??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only do I not understand the new Math's, I don't understand why they changed to it. Old Math's works fine, if it's not broke why fix it? Enjoy your time together.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts