Monday, March 02, 2020

Benefits of sleep





Last September I sat in my doctor's office almost in tears..... I was having difficulty sleeping...... the only withdrawal symptom that hadn't vanished. My doctor suggested I try melatonin.  Trust me when I say I had major doubts that it would work -- I knew more people it hadn't worked for than people who had success.  BUT I figured I had nothing to lose.  

It worked -- immediately!!  From the first night I was able to sleep a full  7 hours!!  WOW!!  I became the poster child for melatonin!!  Now all my grandkids are taking it and sleeping !!!  Friends are taking it and sleeping........... In my humble opinion it is a miracle drug.

Except 

I believe there is another contributing factor to my good sleep....... having Sir Steve in bed with me.  There are studies that prove you do sleep better with someone you love in bed with you........ BUT I have proof positive ............ you see Sir Steve has been sick for 2 weeks (he's starting his 3rd week with this bug)  He has been waking up coughing every night and has moved to the living room couch so as not to disturb my sleep.  (le sigh)

The only problem with that is......... I hear him get up... I fall back to sleep only to wake up every hour or so..... missing the warmth of his body... missing him.  So I asked him to come back to bed after the coughing stops - instead of sleeping on the couch.  He has been doing just that since Saturday night and I am sleeping better again!!!

Today he is going to try and get an appointment to see his doctor.......... hopefully she will give him something to clear up the bug........ then we will both sleep better - together.


AND who knows -- we might just be able to get back to sex and spankings and fun!!!

Life is good when you have a sleeping partner and some melatonin.

2 comments:

  1. Morningstar,

    Sigh, I wish melatonin worked for me.

    I am like you though, I need to cuddle to sleep well at night.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar, sleep is a major issue for me, yet the doctor has never once suggested melatonin. Wonderful that it works for you. Maybe I should give it a try. And yes, there's nothing like snuggling down with your loved one. Interesting study.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts