Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The Challenge is Real.....








So today was the big day -- my online grocery order was to be completed and picked up....... At 8:30 I got an email with my final totals.  My jaw dropped.  They couldn't fill half of my order......... I expected to be told no toilet paper -- BUT no flour? no yeast? no coffee creamer??  I will admit I like how it works -- I pulled up to the exit door - called them and they brought out the bags and put them in my car -- no human contact really.

BUT I was still missing essentials -- soooooooo  .... I made the decision to stop at my local grocer and see what they had...... 

At the door I was greeted by an employee who wiped down my cart and offered me hand sanitizer.... wow!
The meat department was virtually empty of fresh meat....... thankfully I didn't need any.

There were no 10 pound bags of flour -- but I did manage to get 2 5pound bags.  There were 3 jars of yeast left - I took one.  I was able to substitute for all the items I needed.  They even had the base for my spaghetti sauce -- on sale!  4 for $5.00......... perfect!  Until I got to the cash and was told I could only have 2 of the same ??!!!  I had to take 2 plain back and pick up 2 flavoured - I decided on basil.

OH and there was no toilet paper -- the struggle continues.

I was out for about an hour.... by the time I got home my body was shaking from the stress (le sigh).  Hopefully I have enough food now to last for at least 2 weeks.. I do so much better when I do not have to leave the house!!!

Life is good when you face the challenges!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Morningstar.

    I totally hear your pain. I love the greeting at the door with wipes and alcohol, but no flour? I have been searching for 2 weeks! I finally picked up three 1 kg bags which should tide me over for a week or two. Luckily, did a Costco run before the announcement of schools being closed... but still, so frustrating.

    I love that you managed to substitute though!

    Stay safe!
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar, argh, yep, shopping is just impossible right now, even though the Government and food companies here keep assuring people that supply isn't an issue and urging everyone to shop normally. You do seem to be able to get toilet paper sgain though lol, but no flour, canned goods, soaps, toothpaste and of course, cleaners. Even frozen veg is a struggle.

    Here they have provided sanitiser and either spray the trolley's or provide wipes. It will be interesting to see what more precautions ate in place from today, first day of lockdown. I believe shields were going up at checkouts.

    Glad you were able to substitute.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts