Saturday, March 21, 2020

Taking Control





I talked - the other day - about taking control of my life -- deciding what I can control - what I can't control and letting go of more of my stresses.

I have never hoarded anything!!  I do groceries every week - buying just what we need for that week.  Last week I went grocery shopping with a list and I honestly thought I had purchased enough food for at least 2 weeks.  BUT as the new week looms ahead of me I realize I need more groceries...... GAH!!  I stamped my foot... I whined ... and yes I stressed a little bit.  I didn't /don't want to go back out into the stores again.  BUT I need staples - like butter/margarine... eggs.... flour.

Then this morning I had a brain wave.  I had heard that a couple of the grocery stores in our town were doing a 'pick up at the door' service.  This morning I looked into it.  I have placed my grocery order online with one of these stores.  They have my credit card info ...... and my pick up date is Wednesday March 24.  Supposedly on Wednesday at 9am I will arrive at the store and my groceries will be packed and waiting for me.

AND they are not charging for this service for the duration of the pandemic.

IF it works as well as they say it will -- I can still get my groceries and do not have to set foot into a store!!  I'll let you all know how well it goes........... 


Life is good when you can search for more ways to control your life.

4 comments:

  1. Morningstar,

    good luck! let me know if it works, because when I tried to get my inhaler filled and went at the appointed time to pick it up, it wasn't there. As in, they don't have ANY! I was told to come back tomorrow. I was grumpy because A: You could have called and said don't come. And B: The ONLY reason I went was for that. Since I was out, I went to check on some staples (flour, sugar, etc, that I am very close to out of) and yep, you guessed it, nothing available. I wish I understood what people were thinking.

    Stay safe my friend.
    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not long come from my local LIDL, limited entry numbers but I did not have to wait to get in. At the door they had a staffed, cleaning station, where the handles of the trolleys were cleaned and they where offering free disposable gloves to shoppers. I thought that this was a good idea. And they had toilet paper in stock for the first time in two weeks.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morningstar,

    It will be interesting to see how it works for you. Our large supermarkets offer a delivery or collect service. However, I believe at the moment there is quite some delay on orders, which useless when you need items now. Not to mention, the shelves are still empty, so if it aint on the shelf when they process your order, you won't get it. Sigh.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great development. Let us know how it goes. And i hope you're hanging in there. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts