Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Hope



On Company's coming Boosghost wrote:


"You give me hope that my teen and I will be where you are with your daughter when she is older. That is my goal, to eventually have a friendship with her when she is older."

 It wasn't always so....... trust me!!  There was a time when I despaired of ever having a good relationship (or any relationship) with my eldest daughter......... hell we went a few years without seeing each other or talking to each other..........

She was my head strong stubborn child with a temper ........ god did she have a temper.... when she was just a lil one (maybe 3 years old?) she got angry at me and picked up a metal chair she had in her room and threw it at me....... yeah she had a temper!!   And as she got older we locked horns a lot.... until the day I put my foot down and what relationship we had fell apart...... and that's when we didn't see each other or talk to each other for a few years.


Slowly though we started to rebuild the bridge that separated us..... It was stiff ... and awkward ... but it slowly improved.  When I was sick in hospital a few years back -- like really sick -- dying sick -- I remember opening my eyes to see eldest daughter sitting at the end of my bed reading... it was the most amazing feeling - even though I wasn't strong enough to really talk or visit I felt comforted by seeing her there....... as I got stronger she brought me my favourite foods and arranged with the nurses to clear a shelf in fridge in the nurses' lounge so I could eat when I was hungry ...... I remember her bringing me homemade soup when I finally got home...... and I remember her riding her bike over to my house almost every day to make sure I was following the doctor's orders. 

And then two years ago she and her hubbie visited us at the campground... fell in love with the campgrounds... found a trailer and site across from us...... and I remember her suggesting we go for a walk - cause she wanted to talk..... wanted to make sure I would be ok with them living across the road from us .......... 

And I would like to think that was the "happy ever after" ending that we all want with our kids.   

Life is good when there is hope and love........ lots of love!

4 comments:

  1. Morningstar,

    Well that was weird! I wondered who Boosghost was. HAHA! Blissfully, I don't have a headstrong daughter and we really don't fight. It is easier I think with just one child but I see the woman she is becoming, she makes me proud of her. However, I know we are just getting to the "rocky" part. The next few years will be rough as she learns her voice and creates her place in this world.

    I love the story of how you guys came together. That was BEAUTIFUL and speaks volumes of the woman you helped raise.

    Like I said, you give me hope Morningstar, not just with my daughter, but with this whole thing.

    Thanks for being there!
    Hugs and love
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this. I needed to read it. My eldest has decided to stay with his father and doesn't like me much these days. This post reminded me that life is long and even if I can't repair my relationship with him right now, that doesn't mean I can't ever do so.
    Thank you again for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! So happy for you and your eldest daughter that things are peaceful and loving between you now. Also laughed at out loud at Boo's surprise at seeing her own self on your blog!!! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this Morningstar. I'm so glad you and your daughter were able to build that bridge and that you have the relationship you now have. I agree too, it truly speaks to the woman you raised.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts