Monday, March 23, 2020

Monday Morning Check In








It was mostly a quiet weekend around here.. lots of TV watching for sure! Plans to clean the back shed were put on hold cause Sir Steve had some tummy troubles. Didn't bother me in the least -- cause as I said before I've been training for self isolation my whole life....... the nice thing is I now have a good excuse to stay in.

Thank god for the internet and facebook and messenging........ my girls checked in with us over the weekend -- it's nice to share laughs and family news.  Youngest daughter is talking about organising a 'family' dinner on Sunday night -- inviting friends and family to eat together over the net.  (now I haven't a clue how that will work...... but hey I give her full points for trying.  She's my very social kid and I am pretty sure she's finding this isolation very 'isolating'.)

My brother and his wife checked in with us on Sunday.  I was glad to hear from  them -- they're in Toronto which in my mind is kind of the epicentre of Ontario's pandemic.  Their daughter is a nurse at Toronto General Hospital and I wanted to know how she's doing.  

For those of you who don't give much thought to our medical folks and their lives now.. let me share this with you........ 
She is single.... lives 10 minutes walk from the hospital.... and because of those facts she is the first one being called to work extra shifts.  
Normally she works 5 days and has 5 days off....... now she is working her 5 days and 2 or 3 more days on top of it.  My brother said they weren't initially too worried about her cause she's young and very healthy............ but now?! she's working long hours under very stressful circumstances...... she comes home and falls into bed... she's barely cooking for herself.  They're putting plans into place to at least make sure she eats properly without a whole lot of prep.

I was thinking last week about 'checking in'.......... 
I am not sure if you folks realize how much I appreciate your comments on my blog... especially from those of you without an active blog. (Roz and Boosghost come to mind.  and yes Boos -- I am talking about you!! - grinning)
It is my one way of knowing you're ok.  Those of you who have blogs - I go and read every time you post a new one.. I might not always comment - cause I don't have anything to say -  but I ALWAYS read -- and seeing your posts come up makes me smile and check you off my mental list for check ins.  (have I confused you all yet?? grinning)
What I am trying to say is............ 
How bout at least once a week everyone does a 'check in'........ either by posting a blog entry or leaving a wee comment here.  This way I will know my friends are not sick -- cause I do worry about you............. (Sir Steve says I stress if I am not stressing - grinning)

Life is good even when it's a Monday and snowing!

7 comments:

  1. Morningstar, what would I do without you? Your posts everyday make me happy, someone to "talk" to during this time. Everyone and their blogs make me laugh. I wish I wrote well enough or had something interesting to write about in our DD world here, but the truth is, that scares me (blogging), so until I get more brave, I will just write long winded comments on everyone else's blog.

    You think that Toronto is our epicentre? Well that's scary since it isn't that far away, but really, my area is about to bloom in infection rates I am sure because people are dumb. I am also positive that the rates we know are under reported anyhow.

    I hope your niece stays safe and thank her for all she does.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've written more this week than i have in oh, i don't know... normal weeks.

    I'm glad you're ok.

    And I'm sending my best to your niece right now.

    Frontline HOSPITAL staff are really really overworked.

    PLease please everyone keep them in your prayers as well as those who are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is the social one in our family and as I said on my site, he's stuck in a NYC apartment. But he had an internet cocktail party with several close friends - two on the west coast and two on the east. They dressed up, made their favorite drinks and visited for hours. He did the same with his friends from Governor's school. They hadn't all been together in nearly a dozen years.

    I'm like you content to stay home! But it's even better when I know my loved one are somewhere safe and content too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your niece stays safe. Its good that you are all finding ways to stay away from people. At times i feel that the health workers may be on the front line but at least we get a chance to get out legally as not everyone is infected (YET)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Morningstar, I love Sir Steve's comment about stressing when your not stressing lol, that is totally me. Thank you so much for the shout out.

    I love this! It's important to keep in touch and check in during these times. Glad you were able to do that with your family over the weekend. I love your daughter's family dinner idea, I think that is awesome. It's interesting to see the different ways people are coming up with to connect and keep contacts going. My thoughts go to your niece and all health care workers.

    Here, today is our last day to prepare for essential lock down. Self isolation for all but those working in essential services.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to post and check in. For your niece. Curries are a good pre prepared, sometimes I make a big pot and freeze it in six boxes, and it just needs microwaving. Better than the pre prepared from the shops, with all the additives.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Checking in and checking up on you, too! Laughing at Boo's comments about being longwinded. (You go girl! Commenting is a HUGE part of the whole blogging experience!)

    Also, Roz's comment.... you don't seem like a stressed person at all EVER, Roz!! Hugs!

    I have never used so much bleach in my life ...... but the cleaning and hunkering down we're doing at home is NOTHING compared to what our healthcare workers are having to deal with and truly putting their lives in danger to save others. May God keep them safe and may the PPE be plentiful soon! I have a relative in the medical field.... she's determined, but it's high anxiety time for her and others like her.

    Stay safe and healthy, MorningStar and everyone!
    Hugs,
    Windy

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts