Tuesday, March 03, 2020

C word






6 months ago I went for my annual cancer screening.  I have been lucky - if you can call it lucky - that my bladder cancer is low grade and if they find anything they have been able to remove it immediately (without anaesthetic I might add)

BUT 6 months ago my bladder had a red rash....... the doctor said it wasn't cancer probably a bladder infection.  He gave me some antibiotics and said he would see me in 6 months.

The problem is...... from the very first time I was diagnosed with cancer the doctor explained the time frames.... for the first year I would go every 3 months for the screening IF no cancer appeared I would go every 6 months IF no cancer appeared then I would go a year between screening appointments.  However if the cancer came back I would go back to every 3 months or every 6 months.  

So his scheduling my next screening for 6 months was ominous - as much as he said it wasn't cancer why the 6 month appointment?  I asked him and he basically avoided answering me.  

Yesterday I got my appointment ........ April 9th - one month away.   

The fear is almost a physical being in my mind.  I am struggling to find my way through this... struggling to stay positive... struggling to not fall apart.........

7 comments:

  1. Morningstar,

    Hugging you tight right now. Scariest thing in the world that C word. My impression is your doctor is being cautious. Luckily, if you are going to have a cancer, that is one of the "good" ones.

    Hold on tight, ask Sir Steve to help "distract" you (wink wink, nudge nudge).

    I wish I had more than good thoughts, silly words that mean nothing, but unfortunately, that is all I have. But I have ears to hear if ever you just want to vent it out so you can "let it go."

    Hugs and positive energy,
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a scary time. No words can stop that feeling but you must know people are thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGS...I understand where you are coming from.....added you to my prayer list...and my mom often said to me...what will be...will be..no point in buying trouble. I also know in your place I would feel exactly the same way..lean on those close to you...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could do more than send my best thoughts but they will have to do. I hope the tests give a good result.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:32 pm

    I would like to send a little more than good thoughts. Long time friend Linda XXXX has bladder cancer for over 30 years (I say HAS). It has recurred at least 4 times. Yes, it is unpleasant (to say the least) for treatment and she goes every 3 months for testing, but each time it returns she beats it "back". She is close to 60 now and is really planning to live into her 80's/90's like her parents.

    I am not saying yours is the same, but recurrence while scary is VERY treatable. Just keep getting tested. A healthy lifestyle helps as well.

    For what it's worth, she was treated at Memorial Sloane Kettering one of the best in the world.

    All the best and BEAT this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish your worries could vanish, but that's not happening. It's good that your doctor is checking carefully. You have lots of prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Morningstar, sending you huge (((hugs))), it is a scary time. I agree, I think your doctor is just being cautious, given the inflammation last time. I also think if they were really worried they would have got you back earlier. My Mother went through the same thing, regular checks and removal of abnormal cells if found.

    Much easier said than done I know, but try not to worry. Sending positive thoughts.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts