Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bullies






One of my pet projects at work is bullies and how to defeat them.  I was bullied when I went to school and both my daughters were bullied.  It bothered me then .. it still bothers me now.

I believe that talking to bullies and telling them it isn't nice to bully is a total waste of time.  They KNOW it isn't nice.. for god's sakes !!!  They do it because it helps them feel powerful.  

I remember telling my youngest daughter (after a terrible incident with the class bully - and no response from the teacher) that the next time this child started something - anything - that my A should finish it!!!  She did - and the bullying stopped (with that child)

It is my firm belief that if bullies got a taste of it they would run crying for "mommy".  Not a popular view - let me tell you.

I was thinking all of that last evening.  And I realized (in my opinion) that these anonymous commenters who spew their high handed opinions are nothing more than bullies.

So I am giving them all fair warning....... you come here and start any cyber bullying - I am going to stand up to you........ and expose you for what you are.... a sniveling lil bully who hides behind the computer screen feeling superior.




5 comments:

  1. Yeah for you!!!! abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you!~
    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not be a popular view, (though I think it is actually widely held), but it is damn close to the total truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. treat them and their comments with the contempt they deserve xx
    HSxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe it's possible to prevent people from commenting anonymously. You can always say in your post or as a signature that anonymous comments will be deleted.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts