Friday, January 29, 2021

Hallelujah!!

 

 

I slept last night - first time in 9 days!!  The pain seems to be manageable.  I'm going to live (or so it feels!)

 

However I do not have sciatica.  Colour me shocked!  The clinic lived up to their promise to make me feel safe... when I got there are at 8AM i was ushered immediately into an examining room.  The doctor came in about 10 minutes later - did the question thingy........ then had me lie on the bed and moved my legs this way and that (DEAR GOD!  I am out of shape!)  Then he sent me for Xrays (in the same building thank god with the same stiff rules about social distancing!)  I had 8 Xrays taken - each one seemed to twist me more into a pretzel shape with little thought for the pain ........ gah!!

Then back to the doctor.  I was ushered immediately into the back - away from the semi crowded waiting room.  The doctor called me over to the computer and proceeded to show me my Xrays... saying "I didn't think it was sciatica."  In great detail showed me what the Xrays should have looked like with sciatica - and then pointed out how my skeletal structure from the waist down was listing to the left.  Which explained why the Xray technician had to keep telling me to lie straight!  and then had to reposition my legs.  He was impressed that my spine was as healthy as it was - considering my age.... geez nothing like a backhanded compliment!!

 Final Diagnosis............ my Gluteus Maximus muscle (the big one that is attached to your bum bone and spine) had spasmed and was now in a tight knot pulling my spine and lower body to the left.  Heat and pain killers would not have done a thing.  I now have a major muscle relaxant, major pain killers, and a sleeping aid. 

The worst part is I need a flow chart of what pill gets taken when and with what? One pill is 30 minutes before meals....... second pill is taken with meals... and the third one is taken empty stomach at bedtime.

I did manage to get one of each down me yesterday............ and climbed into bed 30 minutes early - I was SO tired!!  I barely remember Sir Steve kissing me good night...woke up at 5AM ... singing Hallelujah!!  groggily singing it ... with the pain slowly creeping back.  Time for more pills... and more relief.  

BUT I slept!  in our bed!  snuggled up to Sir Steve!

Today I must walk a lot ........ like A LOT!!!  and then do one exercise 4 times during the day and ice it after each exercise ........  and remember the pills.................

Doctor said it will take 14 days to feel totally healed - but that's ok....... I know I am healing........... 

Life is good when you can sing "HALLELUJAH"  

9 comments:

  1. Well that's wonderful! When I was reading through the first time I was worried that your fall had broken something. This is bad enough, but it seems like with time you're going to be relieved. Now, because it's us and we're out here and all - did you still have marks? Were they mentioned?

    Good luck keeping all the pills straight and I hope you heal even faster than they predicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:52 am

    So the problem is your buttcheek?! (Need someone to massage it?) LOL

    Seriously though, glad to see you're OK and feeling better. And definitely nice to see you posting again! Your pill schedule sounds intimidating though. I hate those specific routines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PK - I was worried about the marks..... they make me look like I could be a cutter ....... UGH....... I wore leggings to the appointment so the doctor worked through them...... the Xray technician checked the label and declared them ok to Xray through - so phewwwwwww no explanations about the marks. I was prepared to tell the truth....... "these marks are from kinky sex" I had a feeling that would shut them up

    ReplyDelete
  4. kd
    loved your comment yesterday and so very glad willie jumped into answer your 'drug' suggestion -- she was right I live in pot free country...... but don't think I would use it ... experience is a wonderful deterrent.

    I am posting - sort of - the combination of drugs make me very sleepy... I slept all night and have so far cat napped most of the morning... my brain is very foggy... am seriously considering altering the drug schedule - I can NOT function like this

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very happy to hear that Morningstar! Isn't sleep wonderful? Aren't muscle relaxants your new best friend?!

    Life is good when you have answers!
    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness you went to the urgent care! I had the same thoughts and feelings when I was injured but didn't want to go due to bruising. I too wore tight leggings. Lol

    Isn't it wonderful to finally get some sleep? I could only muster about 24 hours on the pain meds. I'm a lightweight when it comes to drugs. Had a pretty funky ( repetitive) dream on just T3s. Every time I went back to sleep it continued. Mind you I did sleep for 24 hours straight when I got my pill bag! Lol. So clearly you're doing much better.

    Hope your healing stays in track!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:31 pm

    So happy to hear you got a diagnosis and meds. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Morningstar, that is wonderful news. You will be feeling much better having slept for a start. I'm so glad you went to the doctor and now have the right meds, exercises etc. Hope you feel even better quickly. Take care.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm relieved to hear that the reason for your pain has been diagnosed and you are on the mend. It is ironic to hear you complaining about a sore gluteus maximus though!

    I've made charts of drugs when I had two dogs, each on a different schedule of different meds, and also before and after two cataract surgeries. Three different drops all on different schedules.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts