Saturday, January 02, 2021

Christmas in Review

 


 

We took all our Christmas decorations down on Wednesday.  Yup all gone - 2 days before the 1st.  That's a new one for me... 

I tried ya know - to make Christmas as much fun as in past years...... but in my heart I felt I didn't quite make it. I keep saying that covid hasn't changed my life too much - but I'm thinking it has... somehow the whole situation (the rising numbers - the deaths  - the worry........ ) has managed to creep into my soul.  

I did everything I have always done for the holidays -- way too much baking -- prepared way too much food -- bought all sorts of presents...decorated every corner of the house... wanting to make it perfect for everyone but feeling that I somehow had fallen short.  Even the lil one's BIG gift didn't arrive in time for Christmas despite being bought a full month ahead of schedule

It didn't help that the lil one continued to push my buttons (despite my feeling we had rounded the corner with her behaviours) .. and left me feeling lacking and sad and truthfully counting the days till we could send her off to her mother's so I could have time off..........

Sir Steve was a big help over the holidays - pitching in constantly - I don't think I washed a dish for most of the holidays -- but (probably cause of my mood) I felt separated from him for most of it......though we did have some fun times together after the lil one went to her mothers!  (but that's for another day - another blog)

I am sure there are a number of Grinches who will be grinchily grinning  at the thought of my down sided Christmas........ BUT it's only one exceptional Christmas right?? I'm sure next Christmas I'll be back in all my Christmas splendour!

Life is good when you believe ..................

 

6 comments:

  1. Hey you can't become a Grinch ! It doesn't work that way, the " Christmas Lovers " convert the Grinch over to the good side, not the Grinch converting the the " Christmas Lovers " to the bad side.

    Now you didn't read/see this but I am VERY sad your Christmas didn't turn out the way you wanted/needed to, as I remember how you LOVED the Christmas season from start to finish.

    As the one that doesn't believe, stay off my PATCH!!!!

    Warren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how this Christmas will be remembered - but I'm glad it's in the memory category. I got to see my kids, my sister and BIL, we're all healthy at the moment so I certainly won't say it's been a bad season... But I sure hope to see parties and gatherings and joy for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:36 am

    I think as much as we all tried, we just couldn’t shake off our almost year long covid stresses. The truth is Christmas wasn’t—and probably couldn’t be—the same. You can’t just pretend life hasn’t changed utterly from Christmas 2019. I commend you for trying. It sounds like you did the very best you could do for yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Christmas was a bit odd for a lot of us. I wanted my usual party and the merriment, the church-going with the family, all of it. And I wanted it MORE because I didn't get it the year before what with my dad's passing so close to Christmas and all.

    But thanks to Covid, well, I didn't get it this round either. I suppose I'll wait another year. It's 356 days more to Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly hope that this is the last Christmas like this. But everyone just had to make the best of it this year. I'm sure that your efforts were appreciated.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounded from your posts like your loved ones had a lovely Christmas, despite the circumstances. Christmas was very strange and different for many and I think a lot of people are feeling this way. Let's hope next Christmas will be a much brighter one and more 'normal'

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts