Thursday, May 07, 2020

A Ranting Pity Party







 From day one THE mother has shown next to no interest in the lil one's education... not even asking for a report card!!  SO when this lock down happened Sir Steve told her that we would do the homeschooling...... she actually said 'good'.  BUT when they added french to the home learning curriculum and because I am not fluent ... we asked mother to take over the french work (mother apparently speaks fluent french).
Know how she does the french work???? she sits across the room from the lil one spells out each word for her to write down and never practices the oral.  THAT'S her idea of doing french!

English homeschooling has been going along well.......... until this week.  This week the teacher added multiplication....... I have NO idea how to teach multiplication... and the documents we have to work from (we being parents) makes very little sense even to this Kindergarten teacher!!  BUT we keep slogging away at it... 

multiplication is adding the same number together... 3+3+3+3+3 = 15 OR 3x5 = 15. 

We worked for over an hour the other morning doing all that adding and my feeling desperate cause the lil one really wasn't understanding WHY she was adding all those numbers... and GAH... it was hard... really hard!!  We have been putting in 3 hours every morning on math and science and journal writing...... 3 F**king hours!!!  Are we making any headway in multiplication - I honestly don't know........ Will I give up? no bloody way!

Then yesterday THE mother uploaded this aggravating video entitled I am NOT a teacher I AM the parent!  I lost it.... totally lost it!  It felt like she sees me as the hired help........ only she hasn't offered to pay me....... she hasn't even thanked me for all I am doing to help HER child!!!!  

My belief is - if it is your child you do whatever it takes for your child..... even teaching them.  Do NOT tell me that is NOT your job -- F**K how did your child learn to feed themselves ... to go pee on a toilet.... to dress themselves?? HUH??? if you didn't teach them how did they learn it???!!!

OH WAIT 

YOU - THE mother - didn't teach the lil one those things!!!  she figured it out herself -- or her grandmother taught her .. or her father.... YOU THE mother where were you?? sitting on the sofa playing on your computer OR doing cross stitch.  AND that is where you are now!!!!

I am so fed up with the hypocrisy !!!   I am so fed up with the helpless feeling .. I am SO fed up with THE mother being in MY life!

Rant over.............. 

7 comments:

  1. Morningstar,

    You are AMAZING! You are rocking it. You are helping to minimize the damage that woman will do to a very innocent child whose only crime was to be born to an idiot.

    My whole life I have told everyone who ever told me I "had" to love my mother because she was my mother, that ANY woman can give birth to a child, but it is a very special woman who can be a mom.

    You are a mom, through to your core. You have got this.

    And if you really need help with french, let me know. You have my email. We will help!

    Hugs and love
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:12 am

    https://www.google.com/search?q=teaching+multiplication+2nd+grade&ie=&oe=

    Excellent help. I've given the url to parents who are frustrated at homeschooling. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do understand your frustration.I wish it were possible for you to go in disguise and beat some sense into the mother, but that might not be advisable at this time. So rant away to get it out.

    As for multiplication - it seems to be taboo these days to have students 'memorize' the tables. Screw it! We all grew up memorizing our mulitcipation tables and I still think its best. Maybe she won't 'understand that 3x5 is the same as 5+5+5, but who cares? I don't understand how my engine works, but I can drive the car! Start with the ones, twos, fives and tens, slowly. It may not be what her teacher is asking for, but it will help her enormously to actually know them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh rant away. I would want to throw something (and preferably at her) if i were in your shoes.

    I remember having to memorize my tables. Didnt hurt me none did it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morningstar...that little one is SOOOOOO lucky to have you in her life.....and some day when she looks back, she will realize who she has to thank for being there for her! I was not a math teacher, but hands on always seems best to me. Cooking with a recipe and from scratch...that covers reading and math. Good bless the teachers who will have to pick up and try to determine where each child is in the fall.....hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:20 pm

    My daughter married a man who had full custody of his 13 year old son. My daughter became his teacher and mentor. His mom could have cared less, but now that he is 21 mom wants to be his friend. BElive me, your lil one will know who is who when it matters. Hope that helps. Also a suggestion on multiplication, start with 2's and 5's. STart with just counting by twos and fives in sing song form. Mabye with bouncing a ball or jumping rope. I am not a teacher just a grandma that likes to come up with fun ideas. Another more educational way is graphing. like three dots across and five dots down. and can do 3x1-3x5. Hope this also helps. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  7. (((Hugs))) Morningstar, such a difficult situation. You do an amazing job with the lil one, particularly with home schooling. Hang in there.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts