Saturday, May 02, 2020

News from Home School






Important lesson learned in teacher's school -- 'you can't let LIFE affect the children'
So despite my angst and anger home schooling continued along without a hiccup.

Besides the worksheets given to us by the teacher - and some added lessons for us cause the lil one is flying through the regular work -- we started our Around the World adventure with a visit to India.

She is just so enthusiastic it's hard not to feel your spirits lift.... 

We watched lots of videos of India... 

learned the peacock is the national bird



that the tiger is the national animal




that the Taj Mahal took over 22 years to build and is completely symmetrical



 She learned about Diwali the festival of lights and how they paint a 'rangoli' outside their doors.




On Thursday we cooked an indian meal for supper........ butter chicken, rice and naan.  



AND I was so lucky - found a book of world flag stickers on Amazon - ordered it and believe it or not it was here in 24hours!!!  So she is going to put a flag sticker in her passport (instead of a stamp)




Life is good when home schooling keeps my mind busy.

````````````````



(we are doing home school work for about 4 hours a day -- on top of the home schooling of course I still manage to get the household chores done - so I guess it's understandable that by Friday I am exhausted......... le sigh)





5 comments:

  1. Wow, I wouldn't mind being in YOUR home school too. I love butter chicken btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When teaching India in school I checked out a video from the school library. I was working at my desk when I heard it say something about the erotic temple. And there on the screen, carved in stone on the building was every sex act know to man. I never let my face change, staring with a slightly bored face at the screen. Just as my sixth graders vaguely began to realize it moved on to something else. Thank goodness I wasn't teaching eighth grade! Your lessons are sound so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Morningstar, I'm with Fondles, on both counts :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midwest Reader11:11 am

    Great job! Sounds as if you are hitting just the right spot with home schooling and sheltering-in-place.

    One thing you might want to touch on is how large and diverse India is, with many regions, dozens of cultures and languages, even more cuisines, and even five different measuring systems in daily use [1].

    [1] something I have run into in the precision machining industry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at you go! As I sit here on my butt, with my foot in a boot. Stupid me today decided a walk would be good. Future note, when you are teaching lil one health, walking on a questionable broken ankle is NOT advised.

    Thank goodness you are keeping me entertained. Now, I am going to put the ice back in the freezer and the boot back on my foot.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts