Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Season Begins........








We opened the trailer this weekend...... which means busy busy times.  The trailer needed to be aired out - scrubbed and cleaned (cause the mice tend to move in over the winter) - everything unpacked - beds made - yard raked and flower beds turned!  To put it mildly it was an exhausting weekend.

BUT it's all done - well almost all done......

Some of you were worried about us moving out into the world....... I want to explain.  In the city we live in a lower duplex...... with virtually no yard.  At the campgrounds we have a biggish lot - lots of room for the lil one to play.  We proved over the weekend how easy social distancing can be....... other than eldest daughter and son in law - anyone who came to visit - stayed off the deck which means they were easily 2 meters away.  AND the campgrounds are NOT opening to 'weekenders' ... tenters... occasional visitors... which means no 'strangers' wandering around -- the pools will remain closed - the beach is roped off and closed - the playgrounds are all roped off and closed... pubic bathrooms/showers and laundry facilities are closed.  

Sooooooooo it's how home away from home and social distancing can work.

Now the question is 'when do we move up permanently'??? AND the answer to that question has been left to me.  GAH!!  I hate making the decisions - which is why I am the sub for goodness sakes!!

BUT I get why Sir Steve is leaving it up to me.... I have to feel organised and ready to live there 24/7 till September.  I have to feel organised and ready to home school in the country.  AND I want to make sure the weather is going to be warm enough.... cause last year I wore my winter coat right up until June!!  (though we were only there on weekends ) The weather seems to be warming up and there's a promise of really nice weather for the next week ......... the home schooling schedule has been worked out in my head..... and I'm making lists of everything I have to pack for a semi-permanent move.   Sir Steve just has to get mother onboard for a new pick up /drop off schedule for the lil one.


All that to say........... it looks like we'll be moving to the country this weekend until September.

Life is good when we can move to the country ......... 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar,

    Phew,what a busy weekend! You will be glad the trailer is now all sorted and ready to go for the season. How awesome that you are able to spend the summer there. I'm glad the grounds are only open to regulars and not casual campers. It sounds as though sensible precautions/restrictions are also in place.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Morningstar,

    I kinda like the idea of moving from the city. It would be so nice, quiet.

    good luck with the decision. I hate making them too!

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds great and you sound way more organized than I've ever be. I hope it's a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you. I hope that your weather plays ball.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts