Friday, May 08, 2020

News from Home School







We are finishing up week 5 of home schooling.  Honestly it is going very well (especially if I don't let THE mother get under my skin).

Over the 5 weeks the lil one has learned adjectives, contractions, homophones, suffixes, regrouping in adding and subtracting........ and now multiplication.   Thank you to the folks who offered ideas on teaching multiplication...... but honestly she's getting it... the repetitive work sheets are re-enforcing the process......... 




part of MY problem this week was........ I was one day ahead of myself all week long.. for example on Wednesday when I looked at the amount of work to get done I panicked cause I thought it was THURSDAY!!  (le sigh) 

We're spending around 3 hours every morning doing the assigned work.... then we take a break  -- have lunch and free play time (I get to have a rest)... then we "visit" the country of the week... this week it's China.   




The lil one loves all the work we do.. but the social studies in the afternoon have to be her favourite (well maybe the truth is it's MY favourite!) 

This week she learned how to say 'hello' in Mandarin... we listened to a folk tale about dragons..... 




we learned about the Great Wall and that pandas are China's national animal......



AND we made fortune cookies and homemade chinese food for a our Chinese feast  and check out the learner chopsticks the lil one is using!!  She tried and tried to learn how to use chopsticks without much success.......... BUT.... Santa stuffed a learner set in her stocking at Christmas and she uses them every chance she gets!




 (the fortune cookie)



Life is good when the routine gets you through another week. 

3 comments:

  1. Can I come play at your house? That looks like so much fun.

    My only complaint is the math. I don't like the "new" math. I wish to a degree they would go back to basic times tables. When ours was little, we posted a times table chart (and periodic table) on her wall in her room. She memorized them. We would play in the car to ensure the times table was down. Sometimes old fashioned ideas do work.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Morningstar, you are so rocking this. I want to be in your homeschool class! LoL. I love your social studies, especially that you cook meals from the country you are 'visiting'.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna be in your class too! It looks like awesome fun!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts