Friday, May 29, 2020

Frustration!!!

My head is ready to explode...... GAH!!!!

It started this week and came to a head this morning when I tried to write a post!

Let's start there - writing a post......... 

Did anyone else notice that Blogger is changing their format??
Did anyone else click the button to view the new format and find that the old blogger format went poof??!!  (fortunately I also a noticed a button to return to previous format)


In the new format - I could NOT figure out how to write a new post... GAH!!  and this new format is coming in at the end of June....... anyone able to tell me (step by step directions would be helpful) how to write a new post in the new format??? I need help ... before I just toss the whole thing out the window!!!


THAT was today's frustration........ the week's frustration is/was.......... 

close quarters to do school work...... I seem to be falling over either the dog or the lil one all the time!!!  (and yeah I know I shouldn't complain at least we are in the country BUT!!!!!!!! close quarters is driving me to distraction!!)

For 2 months now I have been pretty much sitting on top of the lil one while she does her school work - giving new meaning to one on one teaching.  She has been thriving....... BUT ...... when the schools open I can't go with her.... I had been hoping having me 'teaching' her how to get the work done without fooling around for these 2 months would have taken......... seems I was wrong.  (for those of you who don't know we have had trouble with the lil one - for the last two years - being 'too social' during class time - talking too much....)

Yesterday they had a 'directed drawing class' - which means the teacher gives very precise directions and the children follow them - creating (in this case) a picture of a peacock.  The whole point to the lesson is to test the children and see how well they follow directions.  I sat outside on the deck to see how well she did........ 

She didn't do well at all ...... le sigh..... I could see her bouncing around on her chair... standing up and dancing... wiggling.. playing with her hair... just not focused. OH and she knew the teacher couldn't see her cause everyone had turned their cameras off.
(and before anyone asks - no she isn't hyper active or ADD or anything like that - she just likes to do what she wants to do..... she stays focused when I am there with her.. when she is doing something on her own that she wants to do.. never mind the fact I know how to look for problems in children - did it for nearly 25 years)

When I went in the teacher was asking the children to turn on their cameras and hold up their drawings so she could see how well they were doing....... she looked at the lil one's and said "You didn't follow the directions.. you did all the feathers when you were only supposed to draw two"   Didn't seem to bother the lil one at all.  

NOW......... the point is not that she was doing a wonderful job drawing a peacock the point was she was supposed to listen to the directions and follow them ( a rather important life skill !!)  
Then they were told to colour their peacocks bright colours .......... 

The lil one coloured hers green - the whole thing green!!  and not even a very good colouring job........ and definitely not bright colours.

I was annoyed!
I was disappointed!
I was frustrated!

Fortunately she is off to her mother's today for the weekend - gives me time to regroup and cool down (to be honest)

Monday is a new day right? 

Life is good when it offers you challenges and shows you where you need to do more work!

4 comments:

  1. You know - I wonder if the fact the Little One knew she was heading to her mother's had sommething to do with her distraction and return to bad habits... maybe she isn't even aware of anxiety at returning to the chaos of that household?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar,

    I'm afraid I'm of no help with the new blogger. I saw the "view the new blogger" button but haven't looked into it.

    I can understand your frustration with the lil one. Sounds like a couple of days breather from schooling will be a good thing. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi morningstar,

    I started using the new Blogger desktop yesterday and I agree, it's frustrating. It's supposedly more user-friendly for people who create posts on their phones.

    To create a new post, from your list of posts, look down at the bottom right side of the screen. You will see a big orange dot. Click on the dot. That creates a new post.

    If you want to edit a previous post, in your list of posts click on the title of the post. That will open it up.

    We will all get used to it in time :)

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand your problem with the new blogger format. A few months ago Wordpress changed their format and the actual time that they did that I was in the middle of putting a post together. No instruction vids on YouTube, the instructions from Wordpress seemed more about telling you how great their new system was and not about telling you how to work it. After a while it was simple but on that day I could have given the folks at Wordpress a very cutting lecture.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts