Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Finding the Positives.....








I know my recent posts have been pretty down.... and I made my weekend sound desperately sad........ 

BUT it wasn't all debbie downer... on Sunday I wanted to make an Apple Fritter Bread... Sir Steve offered to help....... YAY!!  cause I needed 2 apples peeled and grated and I HATE finicky work like that..... so Sir Steve's job was to get the apples ready.  We worked side by side and I was so happy!!  It was the first time in my life that I have had a male who wanted to bake... wanted to work in the kitchen with me!!  Sir Steve even cleaned up after me .. and washed up all the baking dishes.   WOW!!  I love baking BUT hate cleaning up.......... it was a win win baking session.   




The apple fritter bread was delicious!!!  Definitely a keeper........ but as I told Sir Steve it's a two person recipe (grinning) 


OH and (I almost forgot) I do believe Facebook may have intervened with my hacker.  I don't know for sure cause they haven't contacted me...... but I was told yesterday afternoon by eldest daughter that the hacked account had 'disappeared'.  YAY!!!  for some reason I felt so violated by the hacking......... it was an awful feeling!!  But after checking for myself ... the account is GONE!!!  

Life is good when you can find a positive in all the negatives.........

4 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar,

    Oh yum,the apple fritter bread looks awesome! How wonderful that you and Sir Steve made it together too. Working together in the kitchen can be fun.

    Glad the Facebook account seems to be resolved too. There is always a silver lining:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Morningstar,

    That looks yummy! I was thinking about trying some Cinnamon raisin bread just for fun.

    I hate the clean up for baking too. Unfortunately, I am the only one who cleans up from that. sigh.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread looks fantastic! I'm no baker and that a good thing, I LOVE baked goods and I'd be bigger than the house if I could recreate some of the recipes I've seen. Your sous chef sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread looks yummy!! I have been baking more lately..and mailing most of it to the grands. This is your safe place to rant...I have had my share of bad also ...bet we all have....it is hard not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts