Wednesday, March 17, 2021

So this happened..... (edited)

So I wrote the following early this morning... and I was feeling fragile ... and honestly couldn't face comments... but so far I have had 2 people speak to me about comments and putting them back... so ok.. comments are back - but no promise I'll respond to them today.


 So - the lil one has been rebelling and not doing her school work - saying 'it's too much' .  Sir Steve and I tried putting our collective foot down... Sir Steve appealed to the mother who says she can't (won't) do anything!...and  what happened was I became the 'bad guy'.  The lil one won't talk to me or even look at me.  She told her father I was mad at her - Sir Steve pointed out that he was mad too. Obviously that didn't matter.

So I quit.  pointe finale!  Now Sir Steve and her mother can figure out her schooling.... and everything that goes with that.  I told Sir Steve in front of the lil one - that I will print up her school work - and I will upload the finished work - but Sir Steve will be responsible for checking the work and giving it to me - I quit.

I'm too old for this shit. 

8 comments:

  1. well, i'm not going to say anything about what you should or shouldn't do. But i can see you've been doing HEAPS already for this woman's child... so for that i salute you! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly do not know how people with school aged children are not losing their minds. Just reading about is stresses me out. You have done so much and everything you can - and at some point if backing off is what you need to do then it's what you need to do. No judgement here, that's for sure! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:28 pm

    Finally!! Let her parents figure it out. Enjoy your retirement you deserve it. The mom needs to step up and so does Sir Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've done more than most would. And sadly from what I know from our schools, she'll pass right on whether she does anything or not. Then if she can't do college work she'll bitch and gripe that you all 'didn't make her study harder when she was young.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Morningstar, I totally agree with the others. You have done so much with homeschooling and have done such an amazing job. They are lucky to have you.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morningstar, PK is right. My grandson at age 7 told his mom that he doesn't have to do any work at school because he'll pass anyway. Bravo for standing up for yourself.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too, I'm with the others, you have done so much for the lil one with her school work.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Morningstar,

    I'm so sorry your heart was broken with those words. It is amazing how much the little ones can hurt you. Even if they are just lashing out.

    As awful as it is and as much as you dont deserve it, I am looking at it differently. I am so grateful that lily one feels safe and secure enough to lash out at you. You are her rock. And you are amazing at it.

    I'm sorry it hit that point though. I am sending you love and hugs to help shore you up a bit.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts