Friday, March 26, 2021

Prettiest Place

 


Still working on the questions from March - Prefectdt asked:

 Where is the prettiest place that you have ever visited in Canada? Or if you prefer something darker. Where is the nicest place in Canada that you have done something kinky in and what did you do? 

 

When I was younger (much younger) my father insisted that we see our country before we visited any other country.  So I was lucky enough to travel across Canada from the East Coast to the West Coast.  (not at one time ....... but over a few summers)  But when I came to write this I couldn't decide what part of Canada was the prettiest... every province has pretty spots... 

from the red sand beaches of PEI


 

to the Rockies and my favourite Lake Louise

 


to the west coast and Victoria BC 


 
I have been struggling with the prettiest spot....... but in my heart of hearts I have to say it's Montreal.  It's difficult to explain the draw for me - other than the fact this is where I was born and lived most of my life ....... it's a big modern city


but in the center of Montreal down by the St Lawrence river is 'old Montreal' and the history just enthralls me.... the old stone houses/stores and the cobblestone streets



and tourists to Montreal are always fascinated with the outside staircases........ no other place in Canada has the outside twisty staircases............

 


(whispering) and there were old Victorian houses that contained BDSM play spaces... dungeons.. private /semi private clubs

 


 where folks would gather on Friday and Saturday evenings .... sharing the experience of whips and chains and floggers oh my!  It was at clubs like the one above that I learned about needle play and electric play .... where I watched extreme play ... was caged... where a bond between submissives were formed - where the french BDSM community and the English BDSM community came together to share.

Prefectdt - this has to be the most difficult question I was asked this month - thank you for the challenge and I hope I answered your question fully.

13 comments:

  1. Newfoundland, PEI, BC - Can't really pick a favorite though! They all have special things that can't be found anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got to NFLD... I have friends from NFLD - does that count? (grinning)

      We do live in a beautiful country !

      Delete
  2. Lake Louise is definitely on my bucket list. B has been there as a child.

    We used to go to Montreal often when the boys were young,and have brought blogger friends there as well- but you the Biodome, not BDSM clubs. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya know willie - you could have done the Biodome by day and the clubs by night LOL

      Delete
  3. We've always said we wanted to take a good train trip across Canada. You have definitely stirred up this dream for us. You make it all sound beautiful - even the clubs. But I don't think we'd try it even if they are still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PK - it is a beautiful trip.... and as for the clubs -- to the best of my knowledge they aren't there anymore - more's the pity :( AND I don't think you'd be all that comfortable at one - or who knows it might awaken something deep inside you (devilish grin)

      Delete
  4. Hi Morningstar,

    I enjoyed this post, the pics are amazing and wow, those clubs! I too was fascinated by the external staircases lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the insight into your country. I feel it is a shame that I can never go there and visit any of these places

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Brunswick in the Fall.... one of the most stunning places I've lived in - Fredericton is stunning with it's old churches and parliament buildings... Nova Scotia's oceans, Ontario's national parks (is there anything MORE beautiful than northern Ontario??)- or it's west coast - Goderich's Lake Huron which mimics a tropical ocean... and yes, Montreal's old world charm which is only eclipsed by Quebec City's magnificent century byways... we are so blessed in this beautiful country of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was luck enough to visit Vancouver Island as we have relatives there. Such a lovely place, but found your Tax system while shopping strange for us Brits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I went to Britain it took me a week or so to realize that the marked prices on items was NOT in Canadian dollars (DUH!!) and that the exchange rate was high!! slowed my shopping down let me tell you :)

      Delete
  8. Wow I really loved the pictures! The staircases are pretty... we have similar ones in certain houses here that were built around a particular time. Sadly a lot of them are being torn down as new owners pull down the whole structure and build up fancy modern glass and metal facade houses. Modernisation I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fondles - Sir Steve and I watch shows on renovating old homes - we're always heart broken when we watch them gut the insides to make them modern! Old (sometimes)is quite beautiful - and definitely has character.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts