Saturday, March 12, 2022

Spring Ahead

 


 

As of Friday at 3:30 pm the lil one is on Spring Break - which means she's with her mother for a week........ which means *I* am on Spring BREAK!!!!  see me doing the happy dance?!

I celebrated the start of Spring Break by giving myself a facial and a manicure and a long hot shower.............. and watching Netflix movies alllllllll day long.

Today is Spring Ahead Day....... where we turn our clocks ahead one hour tonite.  I was wondering - when I was planning this post - how many of you /how many countries actually still do the Spring Ahead.  I know some of our provinces have eliminated it.... not Ontario though  - le sigh - and did some research (thank you Google) to discover only about 40% of the world's countries do Spring Ahead.  So tell me - are you one of the ones I need to remind to put your clocks ahead tonite???  Do you like the extra hour of daylight?? I know I do!  and wouldn't have any problem if we went to Daylight Savings time year round.  Just think no more adjusting to time changes twice a year.

So - are you turning your clock ahead tonite?

 


 
Good luck with the non smart clocks!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar,

    What a wonderful way to spend the first day of spring break. Enjoy!

    Ugh, spring for you means Autumn, or Fall here. Sigh. We do have daylight saving here, and I love it! We extended daylight saving a couple of years ago so clocks don't go back for another few weeks.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorta sorry our season change means season change for you Roz - change to winter :( Somehow with our season change - knowing Christmas is coming makes it a little easier - but you don't have anything to make it less yucky!

      Delete
  2. ENjoy your spring break! My flowers are blooming and thankfully we don't have to deal with clock adjustments EVER! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fondles - I told you my jasmine was sickly ? well it has lost more than 90% of it's leaves - I have one small branch that is hanging on.... hopefully I can save it... I need YOUR green thumb!!

      Delete
  3. Daylight saving all year round makes sense to me. I hate turning the clocks back just when the days are getting shorter. It meant going to work and coming home in the dark.

    Enjoy your break!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Hermione - I love and need every minute of sunshine I can get.... ahh well maybe one day we won't be moving the clocks ...

      Delete
  4. I like my extra daylight in the evening too. The only time changing has really bothered me is when the kids were babies and I couldn't seem to get them to understand the extra hour of sleep in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah we have problems with the dog... she doesn't get time changes and demands dinner - over and over !!

      Delete
    2. HEY PK !! I just realized your comment is here by itself!! Do you know what you did to correct the problem???

      Delete
    3. I have no idea. It just worked today. I'm so confused.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:58 am

    I am just happy my clock on my stove and microwave will no longer be an hour ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL so you appreciated the last meme I'm guessing

      Delete
  6. Our clocks change, here in Belgium, on the 27th of March

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh - you have to wait that long for more sunshine??? Mind you - we just got another dump of snow last night - doesn't feel much like Spring around here :( Hope springs eternal though :)

      Delete
  7. I HATE the time changes every Spring and Fall -they do a number on people~ I want to do away with them and from the last poll -so does most of Canada! Saskatchewan went both ways - (they have both central and mountain time depending on where you are in the province)- so they got to choose -it's outdated and a pain in the arse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you selkie ! Let's just keep Daylight Savings time year round!

      Delete

Popular Posts