Friday, July 22, 2011

Another hot one

I have been up since before dawn......... W told me last night he would be arriving for breakfast around 6:30 am........... so being me I woke at 2 to see if it was time to get up... i woke at 3 to see if it was time... and at 4:30 gave up and got up.......... 

i will have breakfast with W then head off to the island to visit baby daughter and the brood for the day............ They have spent their summer holidays in 'balconville' (reference to a Quebecoise play ) Having just bought their new home a year ago - there was tons of work to get done ........ the most important one being a new safe deck around their pool.  After many 'bumps in the road' getting this infamous deck done - I have been told it is finished !!!  Hurray !!!

So 'granny' promised to bring in a picnic lunch - and we are going to spend the day on the new deck - swimming in their pool.



I am really looking forward to a 'day off'.  This summer I have redecorated the master bedroom.......... did some tweaking with furniture in the living room ..... have been working in my garden - the girls' gardens ........ and entertaining........ honestly I feel like I need a day off.............. relaxing and swimming and playing with the kids.

Tomorrow I will probably bore everyone with tales of the grandkids - the pool and the brand spanking new deck.

Stay cool - if you are living through this heat wave...........

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful day. I hope you stay cool and have great fun with the grands...

    hugs, swan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordalie11:06 pm

    AND pictures too...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts