Friday, October 30, 2020

Step Mother Rant

 

I lost it this morning...... totally lost it.  I know I am OCD and like everything in it's place... but I am able - for the most part - to overlook messiness of my family ... 

FOR THE MOST PART

This morning I went into the lil one's room to change her bed..... we store her linens in a storage box in her cupboard... (she has a HUGE cupboard).  I opened her cupboard door and 'stuff' fell out!!  I couldn't even get into the damn cupboard!!!



Then I went to strip her bed....... OMG....... the headboard (which is shelving) was crammed with stuffies and jewellery (she has 2 - TWO - jewellery boxes!!) but opted to throw her good jewellery on the shelves.

I lost it.  I'm not proud of losing it.......... but ya know sometimes it feels as though it's a 'let's test S's patience and see what it takes to make her blow'   

I don't think I ask for much from anyone....... I keep the house clean and tidy.. I just ask that everyone pick up their 'stuff' and put it away.......... NOT throw it in a cupboard and shut the door.  

AND the stuffies all over her headboard??!!!  GAH!!!  

Her father lies on that bed - every single night - reading bedtime stories with her..... he didn't see the mess - the accumulation of stuffies spilling over??!!! 

I just feel defeated right now.........

4 comments:

  1. As the mom of adults I understand your defeated feeling. I still have those moments but for my own sanity I have stopped wondering where I had gone wrong or even trying to understand their behavior. We mamas can only do what we can do. Your heart and soul is fully engaged and you are amazing. Hoping she has taken some responsibility and things are back on track. Wishing you a peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you have not seen my house. It would make me feel guilty to cause you to go into meltdown :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  3. when my kids were growing up, there was a rule. Come the end of the school week (and thankfully, never homework on Fridays)- it was CLEAN THE ROOM TIME - before they got dinner, allowance or anything else, they had to change their beds, bring the laundry downstairs, tidy up their toys, pick up their clothes and either fold and put away or put in laundry. It took all of 40 minutes or so and was engrained in their weekly routine so no fighting. Once done, we ordered pizza (Friday night treat)- TV got turned back on (turned off Sunday nights until Friday evening), and got to head to the store to spend their allowance. They ALL did this (all 4)- starting from about 3/4 years of age. There were no battles, fighting or negotiating. IT might take a while but if you and Sir hang tough - start that maybe on Thursday nights (as I know she goes to her mother's after school Fridays).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh! I feel you Morningstar, kids are such messy creatures. It's an uphill battle to get them to pick up after themselves.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts