Thursday, October 22, 2020

Merry Halloween

 


 Life is a wee bit confusing around here ...... Halloween is a week away and yet I am doing Christmas 'stuff'.

Yeah you read that right........ CHRISTMAS stuff.  

You see - a year ago Sir Steve was reminiscing about fruit cakes and how he loved them.  My ears perked up.  I had never made a fruit cake before - BUT how difficult could it be??? and I do love to please!!  so I looked up recipes and ingredients and discovered to my horror that fruit cakes should be made - at least - 10 weeks before Christmas.  I did manage to get one made in 8 weeks ... and it was a hit!

Last week I realized it was past time (AGAIN) to get the fruit cake made!!  I dashed out and bought the ingredients......... got the fruit soaking in rum... and actually got it baked yesterday.  It's all wrapped up in rum soaked cheese cloth sitting in the cupboard aging to perfection (hopefully).

I got thinking how Christmas this year is going to look so different from Christmases past....... so I called a 'family' meeting and we organised a virtual Christmas for Dec 19th ... as well as confirming with eldest daughter and SIL that they'll come down for Christmas Day. 

That got me thinking that I won't be able or willing to go poking around the shops looking for perfect gifts this year....... so I hit the net.  AND if I am gonna order gifts then I had better get that done in record time too - ya know?!  I am expecting more than a few folks will be shopping on line and there will be delays in shipping.  I spent last weekend shopping online ..... and bought almost all my gifts!  JOY oh joy!  all but one gift will be here this week and next week.  They'll certainly be here in time for Christmas but I'll have to find good hiding spots for 8 weeks!!

None of this has been too much of a hardship for me....... for those of you who read here regularly you know I don't DO Halloween but do DO (with great enthusiasm) Christmas!!

Life is good when Christmas is close enough to cheer me up.......... 

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about this yesterday Morningstar. I will be ordering gifts online now too. Maybe that will be tonight's task.

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have to worry about baking ahead of time. But I like getting people things for Christmas. There are a few local stores I'd love to support so I'll be looking in them all masked up. But most will be coming online. So far I've gotten everything my son has asked for (nothing). I do not have the same problem with my daughter, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw an article from Canada Post- good call - they are already ramping up and are anticipating chaos this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Morningstar,

    You are so organised already for Christmas! Good on you. I refuse to even think about it yet, apart from having to think about leave and the team lunch already at work.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts