Monday, October 26, 2020

Covid Birthday Parties

 

Here's a little known fact about me - I HATE birthday parties -- well birthday parties for me.  I hate being the center of attention.  

SO

Covid made my birthday a wonderful celebration.  There was no way that Sir Steve could throw a big celebration - just eldest daughter and SIL. (though I do think youngest could have come down......... but she didn't)

We have birthday traditions.......... like birthday cakes for me HAVE to have roses on top... (having my birthday this close to halloween meant that as a kid my mom god bless her would always make a halloween themed cake)....  Chinese food is the birthday dinner (been that way for... mmmmm... must be 30 years or so).

Because the lil one goes to her mother on weekends - Sir Steve arranged a small birthday celebration on Thursday night so she could take part.

 


She made me a sweet card and a couple of gifts with her 3D pen 

 


Then Saturday was the main celebration - with the Chinese food and gifts and family.

 



 Spankedhortic said in his comment that he hoped I got some birthday spanks.  (le sigh) unfortunately NO............ my mouth is not healing - and despite antibiotics it is still swollen and now I have bone bits pushing out of the gums.  I see the dentist again this morning.......... colour me discouraged.......... V E R Y !

Life is good though - when pandemics make your birthday perfect!

4 comments:

  1. You sound like my daughter! "Don't look at me!" She'd tell us at her parties. I swear if she ever marries, we'll have to have a stand in bride. But it sounds like it worked out just fine for you and my greatest birthday wish is that you mouth heals quickly and completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a Birthday spanking this year either. Something we could both look forward to next year though :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as though the celebrations were perfect for you Morningstar, the cake looks awesome.

    I so hope the mouth settles down and heals soon.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cakes and all that Chinese food! What a wonderful double celebration.

    Many happy returns!
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts