Thursday, July 21, 2016

Staying Cool


I like to think on the outside I look cool and collected......... I am working hard to keep that persona -- cool as a cucumber........ 

But truthfully -- inside that coolness -- that ice -- is burning....... 

Driving home from visiting with Hands and his wife last evening -- my mind went back to His walking me out to my car -- the hug -- the gentle kiss -- the soft caress of my back.......

and god how i wanted to hold him closer longer -- to stroke his face and kiss him again and again....... to whisper in his ear that I was burning........ 

But surely he knows that -- knows how long it has been since we had "private time" -- surely he knows the endorphin cravings are gnawing at my mind -- making the fire burn hotter.

I know

and I know too -- how life can get in the way -- and how I must be patient -- and wait........ 
The day will come when the fire is quenched again -- 

Until then -- it burns hot 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts