Saturday, July 09, 2016

A Good Day


Thursday was the start of our Buskers Festival here in Kingston.  Now for those of you who aren't too sure what a "busker" is -- they are street performers who perform for gratuities. 

I have gone to every Busker Festival since I arrived here.  Some years have been better than others -- but I find it fascinating -- no matter how awful some of the performers are - to watch the acts and the audience.  It's a great chance to practice one of my favourite hobbies - people watching.


Yesterday I headed downtown and was totally and completely impressed.  It was a hot day -- but there was no sun -- and being by the lake this year there was a nice breeze.  I, of course, took umpteen pictures -- here's just a few of my favourites... 


There were street artists............ 



and kiddies learning where milk really comes from .........


 there were musicians from Australia.......... 


and jugglers  




 and just fun performers.......  


I even treated myself to a henna tattoo .......... 




On Sunday I may be going back -- with some 'friends' for the last day........ got my fingers crossed that the weather cools off and the sun shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts