Friday, July 08, 2016

Knife Dreams

I had a dream the other night -- someone I used to care for deeply was swinging two swords at me -- slicing me -- but like with any dream there was no blood and no damage -- just two very shiny swords slicing at my body ........ and my shock that they would do this to me.

Now I will be the first to admit -- that this is based entirely on MY feelings and may have no base in reality ........... 

I read something the other day that seemed to poke fun at D/s relationships....... written by two people that were supposed to be 'friends' -- 'friends' who are supposed to be involved in the lifestyle -- and supposed to be tolerant of other's choices -- right?? Well in MY WORLD we are all tolerant of choices others make....... but that's me and my rose coloured glasses.  

I did stew over it (Ok ok probably still stewing about it cause I am writing about it here) and bad things jumped into my head -- like how "kinky sex" is not BDSM - swingers are not BDSM - that finding a way to cheat on your spouse with a fancy title like "open relationship" or "polyamorous" is NOT BDSM.  

BUT -- as much as I thought the thoughts -- I realized I was putting myself on their level and I do NOT do that (usually -- well only temporarily) IF they find some sort of satisfaction from making vague blanket statements -- IF they find some sort of satisfaction from acting like high school kids giggling in the corner -- IF they find some sort of satisfaction from being passive/aggressive -- then so be it.

I do not need to take mean spirited comments so much to heart .......
I do not need to let small minded people colour my joy.......
I do not need to feed into their childishness
 (easy to say -- not always so easy to do)

I will continue to find my way down this road of submission again -- with joy -- and try and shut out the people who lurk in my dreams with swords to cut me down..... 

OH and for anyone reading this and wondering if I am talking about YOU........ 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts