Thursday, March 03, 2022

A Kinky Move...... (part 1)

 


 I'm wondering how many of you have heard of 'mummification'?? 

Back in the day I was mummified a few times.  There are all sorts of materials that can be used - duct tape being one - and shrink wrap being another.

The shrink wrap comes in rolls (cause you tend to need a lot) ...........




it's pretty simple to use - you start at the top of your intended subject and wrap it round and round the body - moving down as you go...... until you have them wrapped tight.

 

So what does this have to do with your move morningstar??  You ask..........

Sir Steve was wondering out loud one evening in January how we were gonna pack all the lil one's buckets of toys - and the bins in the cabinet in the living room... and and and - so many awkward bits to pack.  I had come across his roll of shrink wrap when I was sorting out our cupboard.......... I said 'I thought we could just shrink wrap them all'
(shrug) seemed simple to me.  

That last week before our move we shrink wrapped everything that was too awkward to pack in a box........ we even wrapped the container that holds all our cutlery.... and the small chest of drawers (not emptied) in our bedroom.  Everything looked very neat and tidy and mummified.

On Saturday youngest daughter was walking around the mess and she came across the lil one's mummified toy bins....... and then the mummified  cutlery and the mummified bins from the living room.   She was quite taken with the idea....... and asked how we came up with the idea of saran wrapping everything AND where did we ever find a roll big enough????  I'm not sure who answered if anyone - I nearly choked when I heard her question and made a quick exit to another room........ 

All I kept thinking was - what would she think if she knew that 'saran wrap' had been used to mummify her mother......... and I smiled from ear to ear......

13 comments:

  1. LoL Morningstar, giggling at your daughter's question. If only she knew how you got the idea lol. A genius idea on your part :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (grinning) well I have to add SOME kink to my life anyway I can ya know Roz?? LOL

      Delete
  2. LoL, that made me laugh. Good idea on the shrink wrap

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shrink wrap worked like a charm AND so damn easy to remove.... saved so much time....

      Delete
  3. I've seen it on cooking shows where the contestants had to transport their trays of food to another venue. The whole cartload of food was wrapped.

    I've also seem mummification on a show called, appropriately, "Kink"!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Kink - the tv show not my move - and loved it! (well most of it) and used to watch it regularly....

      Delete
  4. Brilliant! I too, would have seen that and thought the same thing! Very cool and never would have guessed the "kink" in that.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked so well Baker! even I was impressed... made for a quick unpack too....

      Delete
  5. Now that's funny! I think most of our kids would be dumbfounded if they knew some of us actually did things besides watch Jeopardy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's an ad on our TV - not sure what for BUT - a mother and older daughter are talking about Dad hurting his back - the daughter says something about the stairs and maybe they should think about moving when Mom says "ohhhh it wasn't the stairs that hurt his back"
      Sir Steve and I laughed out loud when we first saw it....

      Delete
  6. Bit of a technical question. I have never used shrink wrap, but I always thought that heat had to be added to it to make it shrink. Is this the same when a person is wrapped, or is body heat enough?

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no it's not that type of shrink wrap... it's more like saran wrap (plastic food wrap) only heavier gauge.... you wrap it as tight or loose as you want.... BUT you should cut some holes in different areas if you plan to leave the person in it for any length of time - 'cause it gets very hot wrapped up.....

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the information

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts