Wednesday, March 02, 2022

The Bumps and Grinds of Moving

 


 So the move went off with out too many problems....... 

There was the incident with snow.......

We had a lot snow on the Friday - so Sir Steve went out to clear our back driveway... yanked on the snowblower starter - only to have it break off in his hand.  Back to manual labour........ he grabbed the shovel and started to shovel the drive when the shovel fell apart.......... GAH!!!  Nothing to be done - we just managed to plow the trucks through the snow .... and move everything out.  The driveway here was clean as Sir Steve had arranged to have it plowed out early Saturday morning!  YAY!!


AND there was my attempt at acrobatics...

At some point Friday morning I was packing up the bits and pieces in the kitchen when Sir Steve spoke to me (or I spoke to him - who can remember??) and I turned to look at him.. caught my foot on a box and started to fall - put my hand out and grabbed a chair to stop my fall and only made matters worse bringing the chair down on top of me... bashing my back into the garbage pail (and denting it).  I was a tangle of boxes .... body parts.. and god only knows what else.  I think I'm lucky I didn't break anything..... in the boxes or  my body.  BUT I did manage to strain my back muscles/tendons... and bruise myself from head to toe. 

Yesterday I was still suffering from aches and pains...... and exhaustion.  I don't think I have ever been this tired before.... I believe I am due a vacation........ a nice long vacation. And please dear lord........ no more moves .. PLEASE!


Home corner posts will return when the last rooms are complete to my satisfaction (grinning)

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh Morningstar, what a start to the move, on all counts! Ouch, I'm sorry to hear about the fall and hope you feel better quickly.

    Take care and rest when you can. Yes I know, rest when there's unpacking to be done?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm moving slower yesterday and today Roz - slowing down is good for the body and the mind...the house is so close to being done that the urgency has died down.

      Delete
  2. You are too close to the finish line to stumble, trip, stagger, crash into things... slow and steady. I'm glad you weren't hurt badly. Be careful and soon take the time to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today 'feels' like a normal day - (except for still having to drive the lil one to school) I am going to shower today! and do my hair!! OMG I have forgotten when I last actually "did my hair" ya know?!
      And then gonna make beef stroganoff for dinner... and IF I feel like it - mop the floors

      Delete
  3. Ouch! Sounds like it happened when you needed it least. Like always with bad pains.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah....... last thing I needed... and I didn't dare take any pain pills on Saturday cause they make me sleepy..... shrug... ahhh well I survived.

      Delete

Popular Posts