Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Casulty of Covid?

 


 

We start our day watching our local news on the TV..... Once Sir Steve leaves for work and the lil one for school - I get on with my day but I don't turn the TV off.... it's background noise ya know??? and sort of comforting....... 

Yesterday about mid morning.... a talk show was on and the topic was how covid has affected 'date nights'.  That's all I heard...... but it got me thinking..... We haven't had a date night in over 2 years.  OH we had ordered in dinners and tried to pretend it was a date night...... but it just wasn't the same ya know?  

Date nights always involved showers  and dressing up complete with make up and perfume ....... ordered in dinners were eaten in front of the TV and some movie...... we didn't sit alone at a table and make conversation like you do when you're at a restaurant on a date........

I realized I am missing date night...... and it has affected our relationship a little bit.  I don't feel that sexy bond to Sir Steve ...... sometimes I look at us in my mind's eye and see an old married couple - and it worries me we're losing that 'spark' ... that thrill. and maybe the passion?

I made a decision a few weeks back to take a pride in myself again..... to do my hair more frequently - to put on make up every day (BUT make up isn't a whole lot for me - it involves eye liner and mascara and a touch of lipstick.  Lipstick!  who wore lipstick when you wear masks every time you go
out?? )  To start wearing my 'nice' clothes ... to make more of an effort ya know?  Sir Steve may not notice (though I suspect he does) but it does something to my mental outlook .......... makes me feel more feminine .. makes me tease more... laugh more... it actually lifts my spirits.

So tell me - how has covid affected your relationship and date nights??? Are you ready to find a way back ?? What steps (if any) have you taken to find your way back??? 

 


 

9 comments:

  1. I don't think Nick and I are either one date night people, well at least the dressing up nice part. When I dress up, you know the whole bit - uncomfortable dress, spankx, shoes that hurt, make-up, then I'm in a bad mood for the duration! Our date nights consist of ordering pizza and playing a board game, just the two of us. It's not fancy, it's not always sexy, but at least it wasn't stopped by covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok I have a question for you PK - why spankx?? I tried them for a very brief time and threw them out... I mean Nick knows what you really look like so why spankx???

      OH it doesn't have to be fancy or sexy - just time alone the two of you... how often would you say you have your 'date' nights???

      and if it works for you - then that's what counts right?? :)

      Delete
    2. My nice clothes look better, smoother with spankx. At least I feel like they do. So I feel like I look better wearing them.

      Delete
  2. I don't really have what you call date nights, so COVID made no difference.

    It never occurred to me that I could get away with wearing lipstick under a mask, in public, damn. Not that I am trans or anything, but it would have been a great bit of public bratting. :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Prefectdt!! I laughed so hard over the lipstick comment ..... thank you for that :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Morningstar,

    Date night for us is usually at home with favourite takeaways, drinks, some music etc. We don't go out for date night too often. I do make the effort to dress nice, sexy underwear etc.

    With date night sound mostly being at home covid hasn't had too much of an impact, apart from when we were in the highest level of restrictions and couldn't get takeaways.

    Working from home though means I don't have to dress properly. Heck, I don't even have to wear a bra if I don't want! LoL. When I do make the effort it makes a big change to how I feel. More feminine and lifts my mood.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nodding - being retired is like working from home every day..... and you can get lazy - I know I have ......... which is why I am making more of an effort these days... and it does lift your spirits :)

      Delete
  4. We started doing date nights again for a year or two before Covid hit. The privacy was WONDERFUL even though we were in public. We dressed up just a little and I'd do my makeup and hair. Storm would wear a nice shirt with his jeans. We'd talk quietly over the table for two.

    We have not been out since Covid hit. Not going any time soon either. We do have weekends to ourselves now here in our home, so we love that. Take out and binge watching something on Netflix or Amazon Prime is what our dates consist of for now.

    We are building back the ttwd aspects with one another as I wrote on my blog. Not easy! LOL! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We dont do date nights cuz Ron doesn't like driving at night and the dogs need us in the evening for feeds. They hate any changein routine and so does Ron. Our dates are lunches out.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts