Saturday, October 13, 2018

L'Chaim





I grew up in a mostly Jewish neighbourhood.  My best friend was Jewish.  We used to spend all our free time together.... and we celebrated each other's holidays together.  She learned about Christmas and Easter... I learned about Hanukkah and Passover.  I was lucky enough to pick up some Yiddish words as well.  

Yesterday I was thinking about a Jewish toast - "L'Chaim" ...... 'to life'.  And I thought YES -- to life!!  It's the first time ever (I think) that after a clear cancer test I actually realized how lucky I was -- how much I should have been celebrating 'to life'.  Life never seemed as important as it does now....... I want to live fully and lovingly and forever (even if that is a bit of a pipe dream).  

My heart felt light..... the aches and pains of recovery from the test were hardly noticeable. The snuffy nose and cough I had developed over night barely registered.  I was looking To Life !  and realizing how lucky I am !!  So much to be thankful for.

Last night Sir Steve and I had a real celebratory dinner............... 



Piles and piles of the best Chinese food ever! 

The rest of the weekend stretches out ahead of us -- nothing major planned -- mostly resting and recharging our batteries -- and that is a good thing!  

Life is a good thing......... L'CHAIM!

1 comment:

  1. L'chaim Morningstar, I was so happy to hear your good news and so happy for you :) Definitely something to celebrate! Your dinner looked fabulous :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts