Friday, October 26, 2018

Holiday......

welllllll sort of.......... 




The lil one has a PA day today (day off school) so she has gone to her mother's a day early -- which means I didn't have to get up before the sun today to get her ready for school.  Thus it feels like a holiday !!

Which doesn't mean I am gonna sit on the couch and eat bon bons all day.... My new cell phone has a couple of glitches so a quick visit to the shop is on the 'to do list' today...... and sprucing up the house ........ because the birthday celebrations continue........ Tomorrow my girls are coming down for a dinner celebration at a local restaurant..... and hopefully they will stop by the house for some coffee after...... 

I'm really looking forward to seeing them both........ I miss my eldest daughter - after a summer of seeing her and her husband every weekend means I find I am missing her...
and when we go to visit the youngest daughter the house is always full of people... loud noisy people and I don't really get any quality time with her.... so a few hours with her to catch up will be very nice.  Sir Steve started this tradition last year ... where only MY family gets invited to MY birthday -- what a great tradition!!

Update on yesterday.....

I met a friend for a birthday lunch and we spent 2 hours catching up on news...... while we enjoyed a wonderful lunch......


Then Sir Steve came home with an armful of flowers for me.............. 



AND a birthday cake!!  As he said "it's not a birthday without cake!" 


 This is turning out to be the BEST birthday ever!
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will be having a wonderful weekend. Happy for you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar,

    The flowers are beautiful and the cake looks awesome! So glad you are enjoying some wonderful birthday celebrations. Enjoy the time with your girls:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts