Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Holidays........








This is NOT my favourite holiday -- and as I type that I wonder if folks who LOVE Christmas all dislike Hallowe'en -- cause that's the category I fit in -- HATE Hallowe'en and LOVE Christmas.

I was hoping having a lil one around again might bring back the joy of Hallowe'en... but NOPE not even close. Is there such a thing as a Grinch for Hallowe'en?? cause I might just win that title.

However -- I would not spoil the excitement of this ghosts and ghouls day for the lil one.  

Last week we went looking for a costume for her........ she wanted to be a clown -- but ya know what ? they don't make costumes that are meant to fit over snow suits..... and here in the Great White North by the end of October we are into at the very least snow jackets.... definitely long sleeves of some sort.  We were educated that most of the costumes that they sell up here are made in California........... 

REALLY??!!  that's the best the costume stores can do??!!  getting costumes from a state that doesn't even know what a snowsuit is?? (le sigh)

Sooooooooo we convinced her that she really wanted to be one of the 100 and 1 Dalmatians ........... that way we have a small hope of getting her snow jacket under the costume.



Thankfully the dance class party allowed her to wear her costume with only leotards under it....... (tonite is the snow suit challenge) She got dressed up and wiggled her tail and loved her black painted nose....... and was thrilled with the Zombie dance they learned and all the candy treats she got........ 

Then after supper, continuing the Hallowe'en tradition Sir Steve and the lil one cut out the pumpkin.  Can I say 'ewwwwwwwww'?  I can't stand the smell of pumpkin and am despairing I will ever get the smell out of the house......  BUT I was the good "step mom" and sat there watching them -- taking pictures -- and 'ohhhing' and 'ahhhing' over their progress....... 

I have to admit I was so impressed with the final product -- Sir Steve has the patience of Job and a steady hand....... 




Tonite I am making 'pumpkins' for supper (english muffins smothered in cheese with hot dog eyes, nose and mouth) -- bundling up to sit outside and hand out candy while Sir Steve and the lil one (complete with umbrella -- cause not only is it cold but it's raining!!) go door to door trick or treating.......... 

Tomorrow will end this Hallowe'en madness and I can - without guilt - start planning all the Christmas festivities !!

3 comments:

  1. Halloween isnt a big thing where i live so im safe. I definitely prefer Christmas! That pumpkin was gorgeous tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween isn't big here either. Glad it sounds like lil one had fun. Very cute in the costume :) The pumpkin looks amazing and your dinner sounded great too :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was adorable in her costume and loved the carving.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts