Saturday, October 20, 2018

BIG happy News

So as most of you know I have been 'under the weather' for the last week or so.... I have been following Sir Steve's orders and taking it easy ... which means for the most part I have moved from the bed in the morning to the sofa..... and just vegged all week.

Yesterday we had an appointment ... so I washed my face, pulled on some jeans and a sweatshirt and met Sir Steve.  By the time I got home I was exhausted.. though truthfully I was feeling much better just not much energy.

When Sir Steve got home from work later in the afternoon -- he said he was taking me out to dinner to a new Bistro in town.  I said 'my hair is a mess and I look like sh*t' -- He said come on let's go.......... 

So I pulled on a pretty sweater -- ran a brush through my hair -- put on some perfume and lipstick and thought that's the best I can do on short notice.......... 

It was a lovely lil Bistro -- and we had a delightful dinner 

Dessert came and we were discussing my birthday (it's next week) and I told him (again!) how much I HATE my birthday cause it reminds me how much older I am than him.......... and OMG the numbers are really creeping up there......... 

Sir Steve said something along the lines of 'what can I do to make it special?' I didn't understand what the hell he was talking about....... there's nothing he can do to make me get over this age difference.......... 

While I was thinking all that..... Sir Steve stood up and then knelt down on one knee beside me (and all I could think was 'what the hell is he doing -- he's gonna hurt his knee!!) And he pulled out a ring box and opened it to show me a beautiful engagement ring........ I started crying and threw my arms around his neck ....  

He did manage to get the ring on my finger then I started crying and hugging him again..... He pulled back and said " Sooooooooo is that a YES?"  I started laughing through my tears and said Yes of course it is!!

The owner of the restaurant came over thinking there was something wrong with the dessert.... when she realized what had just happened she offered to take a picture... I squealed "nooooooooooo my hair is awful".... (I must have sounded like a mad woman cause she smiled and slowly backed away - grinning)

We took a picture of the ring when we got home.......... 







and the fairy tale continues.........

8 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Congratulations! What a special birthday this is going to be!

    Hugs to both of you,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!... high five!! ... congratulations! ... so excited for you both, Morningstar! .... big hug!! ... nj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god! Congratulations !!!!! I’m so happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is big exciting news! Congratulations to you both Morningstar, I'm so very happy for you:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's lovely news - so pleased for you!!! Congratulations! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful, congratulations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Morningstar, what wonderful news. Congratulations to you both.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts