Sunday, November 06, 2005

fall


Today Sir had me fetch the 150' rope and bring it upstairs to the living room ...... i stood as i always do (so well behaved) naked.. hands behind my head.. while Sir worked His magic with the ropes. Usually the feel of the ropes wrapped tightly around my body brings me deep inside myself... and my world shrinks down to the cocoon of the ropes and knots.

But not today......... today as i stood by the living room window feeling the rope wind itself around my body....... i didn't go inwards... i went out.. wayyyyy out.. to the barenness of the world just outside the window. To the dark sky and the darker trees. To the wind howling round.. tossing dead leaves into the air and blowing them this way and that........ dark and bleak .......... this is my fall.. devoid of colour .. devoid of laughter and sunshine. Even the birds have departed and taken with them their songs of summer joy........ only the tiny sparrows and starlings are left to feed at the feeders.

i shivered .. cold air touched my skin and made my nipples stand at attention.. goose bumps covered my arms and belly.. But the coldness was more than in the air.. it was deep inside of me.. The sweater Sir wrapped lovingly around my shoulders when He had finished did little to warm me up........ and when He left today - as i knew He had to.......... i went around the house closing the curtains.. and turning on the lights... like a child wanting a light left on at bedtime to chase away the bogey men and goblins that live in the closet and under the bed.

4 more months and the days will start to lengthen again.... 7 more months and the birds will be back and the trees will boast new leaves and the gardens will spring forth in colour again............ BUT for now the world is dark and dreary and bleak............

ohhhhhh for those of you who know me well... the sudden awareness of the change of seasons did nothing to deter my efforts to wiggle out of Sir's rope work......definitely not a record - but then the knots were tied high up in the middle of my back.. more of a challenge.........but still a wiggle here and a tug there and poof the rope was off.... rewound and whipped and hung once more awaiting Sir's command to "fetch the rope"

4 comments:

  1. There will always be another season full of growth and new life new life must build on the old life that has pass before it so is fall an ending or just the start of a new begining

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know I'm not the only rope lover, who adores he challenge of getting out of them. teehee :) I like the changing season, as it means family, snuggling under blankets, holidays, sipping hot cocoa, making snowmen. Guess we all look at it differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:52 am

    If it's of any consolation to you, December 21st is the shortest day of the year. The days start to get longer as of December 22nd. So you don't have to wait four months after all! :D Aren't I just a burst of sunshine? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. anna: absolutely a total burst of sunshine :) AND hopefully by Dec 22 there will be lots and lots of Christmas lights adding colour to the dreary landscape...... AND maybe a sprinkling of snow.. not too much mind.. but a sprinkling would be nice..

    Princess:
    i don't mind terribly the winter season.. it is this "in between" where it isn't the colourful fall.. and it isn't the sparkle of Christmas that bugs me the most.. everything looks so.... dead.
    BUT it doesn't last too long...thankfully

    Cloud:
    so right You are my friend.. i guess in a strange way fall is a new beginning.... but (whispering) i much prefer the new beginning of spring to this new beginning of fall..

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts